Zero's Agile Owner & Enthusiast Bar-- cheap guitars, cheap drinks

Mister Zero

• Members

i went with the 2500 the frets are great, mine dont buzz, and the pickups sound really decent. i put a rag over the headstock and let my buddy check it out, he was impressed. then i pulled the rag off and he plugged it in. all he could say was''this is crazy''

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by mikem68

all this is giving me GAS really bad. I have one more question, how is the brightness of the sound compared to a gibson lp? how about a gibson lp with a maple cap? the reason I ask is because of the agile having the maple neck. you never see a gibson lp with a maple neck..except maybe for the zak wylde sig. model. also, would you say it makes the sound tighter say, like an ibanez with the maple neck?

actually, there were a long run of gibby LPs in the 70's that had maple necks, some even maple fingerboards. as far as the Agiles neck goes (and the comparisons to a guitar 4-6x the Agile's price), the subject has been discussed ad nauseum, but since so many other factors are different between the two models, its still apples and oranges. keep in mind too, that there have been like, 100+ different gibby LPs in the last almost 50yrs, and that tone is still a very subjective thing.

maybe we'll just consider this a bump, for Agile neck details, but also in the hopes that somebody will give the actual details of Gibson's involvement with maple-necked LPs.

• Members

I stopped by Rondo on the way home tonight and am in a little bit of shock.

There on the Agile wall right in front of the store was a new 2800.

Nice Flamed CSB and a very nice guitar. The thing is that the horn was all rounded and shortend. I looked over the wall and all other 2500s and 2800s had the true LP shape going on but this one (highest stock number of the bunch) had a horn shape that more closely resembled a Turser or Samick though more rounded than either of those. I did ask the salesdude there what was up with it and he had no answer. I hope this is a fluke and that Agile/Rondo arent changing the body shape on all 2500 and 2800 guitars from here on out. For those of you who contact Kurt regularly it would be a good topic for disussion.

I'll have to keep an eye on the sight for any body style changes. I know if I ordered a 2800 based on the Web-pics and got this new thing it would go back. Not that it isnt every bit as nice a guitar as the current 2800 but it is not as pretty to me. Maybe my eyes are trained to like the original lp shape. I have never seen a variation that was as nice as the original. Headstocks are no biggy but to change the body?!?! Makes you wonder about that lawsuite rumor of a couple weeks ago.

By the way the mystery surounding the origins of Agiles is easily solved. Do a search for Team Manufacturing in Korea. They build the Agiles.

• Members

That would be a total bummer. The Agile headstock is probably the only headstock other than the real Gibson one I don't mind but change the body and all bets are off. I hate retarded looking LPs...it just completely ruins it. I hope that's an old model and not a new one....wasn't the first batch like that???

• Members

Hello all, im new to the forum but have been trolling a few weeks now. Getting ready to get a 2800 from rondo for my son's 15th b-day. He currently plays a MIM Fender Fat Strat and is looking for a LP kind of sound. I know the Agile is no gibby but at his age, skill level and maitenance techniques, I think the Agile 2800 will be a good lp copy to start with.

Anybody else heard about this body change thing? That would definately suck:mad: . Also a little concerned about the low-E buzz with the 10s. He plays 9s now but thought I would have Kurt throw in a set of 10s with the 2800 but now Im not sure.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks

• Members

coffee - black please...

Originally posted by ProfaneOath

Ugh I had better get my hands on an amber-flame LP 2500 quick if they're changing the body style...

Well, I just ordered my first Agile - hope to get it sometime next week or early the week after. I think I may have picked up one of Kurt's last LP2800's - he said it was a display model.

Anyway - asked him about the low-E fret buzz with the 10s & the body style - here's what he said...

Hi

I have not received any specific complaints about this, but it is

possible.

The graphite nut is cut for 10s so I am not sure why this would occur.

Body shape was never exactly like the Gibson because of trademark

restrictions. I can also say body shape has not changed.

kurt

... so I guess the body style is the same as it was :confused:

Hope my son likes it - I think he will - doubt my wife will - she doesnt believe in Internet shopping - thinks we should buy a new Gibson Les Paul Classic :eek: since that's the one he wants:rolleyes: Hopefully she'll get over it :p

thanks for all the info that everyone here provides:cool:

... one more java please ... too many smileys???

• Members

now I know why I try to stay away from these forums. I always run the risk of getting a bad case of GAS. so here I am having just ordered a amber flame 2500. damn! I could'nt help myself, you guys got me all wound up on this agile thing....... I think the clincher was when someone said that gibson had sent rondo a "cease and desist" order on the les paul models. I mentally snapped at that point and grabbed the phone and ordered one. I could'nt take it anymore.

• Members

now I know why I try to stay away from these forums. I always run the risk of getting a bad case of GAS. so here I am having just ordered a amber flame 2500. damn! I could'nt help myself, you guys got me all wound up on this agile thing....... I think the clincher was when someone said that gibson had sent rondo a "cease and desist" order on the les paul models. I mentally snapped at that point and grabbed the phone and ordered one. I could'nt take it anymore.

I think the cease and desist thing is just a fluke, but just in case, Im ordering another one right now. That 2500 in quilt blue is looking mighty tempting right about now:D

Someone feel free to correct me if im wrong, but I heard it was just a rumor?

• Members

Rumor or not the fact is that there is an Agile 2800 on the wall at Rondo that is misfigured. If it is the wave of the future then mine is that much more of a really great deal. I don't think the body change would deter me from getting a Gold Top p-90 if they come back (though iI would not buy it if there were price increase). I'd rather pay a few bucks more for one that is shaped correctly.

.. I thought that was going to be around Christmas.

:rolleyes::eek::rolleyes:

• Members

the initial shock of spending yet more money on guitars has worn off and my gut tells me I did a good thing. I guess I am a little gun shy after getting caught up in what has turned out to be hype before. I will let you know what I think when it arrives.

• Members

.....by the way, can any one post a picture of the agile amber flame 2500? just something to look at until it arrives and I am curious if it has chrome p.u. covers or the zebra look...... I'm hoping for the zebra look

• Members
Originally posted by IKILLEDKENNY54

Is there a such thing as an Agile junky? I have five of them so far. Bartender I think I need another one.
:eek:
Maybe one of those blue double cuts.
:rolleyes:

My name is IkilledKenny54 and I have an Agile addiction. I am an agileholic Is there a 12 step program for cheap guitars? :confused: Better pour me strong one to hold me over till the White LP's show up.

Guitar_Collection_003_WEB.jpg

• Members

I like those dc's but, how deep does the neck sit in the body. seems like it would be sitting in there kind of shallow with hardly any support

Someone reported that it extends just past the neck pickup.

• Members

It sounds like Agile LP body changes ARE on the way...

Originally posted by kurtzentmaier

Just to clear up some things on the body shape.

...I am sure that certain production changes have occurred over time, which may have caused a few slight changes to the body shape un-intentionally. ...

...I think the company will most likely follow the Hoshino (Ibanez) business model of moving away from some of the more traditional designs and more towards designs of it

• Members
Originally posted by kurtzentmaier

Just to clear up some things......

thanks for stopping by Kurt, and bringing the Agile Bar up to date, as well as clearing a few things up. Its nice once in a while to hear things straight from the source rather than the not-as-dependable internet "i heard/somebody said/i think" stuff. it is a bit disappointing that you may have to alter some of the body shapes, but i think it was sort of expected. Hoshino/Ibanez showed that it certainly can be done, and to pretty impressive results.
Also nice to hear about upcoming improvements being offered -- anxiously awaiting official news on the rumoured white 2800(?), which hopefully will include some of these changes (pardon my GAS :D )

Archived