22332322332222:breathe:333232332323223322

1001gear

• Members

Lol, alright, fine.

I'll stick to playing Creedence songs for discounted Pabst for now.

well, then continue drinking beer, I just had to ask myself why you post here then, since every groupie can hear that the phrasing in that song is unsual for someone who plays Creedence Clear Water Bay Revival exclusively

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

kiddo, as soon you also spell Italian, French and German as well as I do, then we can talk further

enough.

you come in here like a big fish in a small pond, for what?? what do you get from it? do you want to treat people like {censored}? are you trying to pump up your ego? it's quite a bore. if you had a decent quality to you, you'd stop making comments like this and actually contribute, instead of trying to insult and belittle those you come across.

sure, some of us might not understand complex patterns and time sigs. is that a reason to put us down? on top of being presumptuous, you come off looking like an ass in any language.

in short, you are not better than anyone here, despite what you think.

• Members

enough.

you come in here like a big fish in a small pond, for what?? what do you get from it? do you want to treat people like {censored}? are you trying to pump up your ego? it's quite a bore. if you had a decent quality to you, you'd stop making comments like this and actually contribute, instead of trying to insult and belittle those you come across.

sure, some of us might not understand complex patterns and time sigs. is that a reason to put us down? on top of being presumptuous, you come off looking like an ass in any language.

in short, you are
not
better than anyone here, despite what you think.

the answer for that is easy, someone just ask something like: "Rudy, make the transcription" instead of the usual dimwit bull{censored} the kiddos post for absolute nothing and no progress

• Members

well, then continue drinking beer, I just had to ask myself why you post here then, since every groupie can hear that the phrasing in that song is unsual for someone who plays Creedence Clear Water Bay Revival
exclusively

Easy now, we cover Fogerty stuff too...and I posted here because it seemed like a fun & interesting thread.

I'm stickin with 2/4, by the way.

• Members

the answer for that is easy, someone just ask something like: "Rudy, make the transcription"
instead of the usual dimwit bull{censored} the kiddos post for absolute nothing and no progress

If you dislike the posts and members of this forum as much as you seem to, why do you continue to post here?

Why don't you start your own forum and then you can screen the members to ensure you're only getting ones that can perform to your standards.

Complaining about the members on a public forum, that you choose to visit seems incredibly pointless. I know I don't have that kind of time to waste. Congratulations that you do.

• Members

the answer for that is easy, someone just ask something like: "Rudy, make the transcription" instead of the usual dimwit bull{censored} the kiddos post for absolute nothing and no progress

i've made a lot of good friends here and good progress. i've helped a few people and have received help. what have you done?

• Members

Alright, 2nd listen, since there aren't a ton of 32nd notes and 16th notes seem to be most of the song I guess 4/4 could work.

I'm just saying that people don't write sheet music where each line of the sheet has two bars.

I stand corrected.

• Members

Ya Dawg, agreed. I was thinking of actually starting a HCDF appreciation thread. The other day I had a a bass player from a bigger local band ask me for some suggestions and then asked me to tune their drummers kit, particularly the snare, for him. They're playing a fundraiser opening for Coco Montoya this weekend.

The request was based on how good my drums sound, and believe me, they wouldn't sound even close to as good without the tips and info I've picked up here from you fine gentlemen.

• Members

i've made a lot of good friends here and good progress. i've helped a few people and have received help.

what have you done?

First, I am not here to make friends.

Second and for example, I gave slap happy circa 12 very long transcriptions of traditional African drum compositions, further posted transcritions I made of Tony Williams, Elvin Jones, Vincent Colaiuta and many more. If the know-it-all here would ask questions instead of pretending that they know all about everything, for example the forumite who said that every drummer knows what a swiss triplet is... there are min. 35 swiss triplets, but as long people behave like many here, I certainly won't spend additional time for some extra service to this forum as I did years ago.

And yes, you are right, this drum forum is a waste of time for any pro, that's why we do not have any pros here anymore, to many morons. here.

And my comment above is not about the beginners, but about the assholes posting one bull{censored} after another, most often without any relation to drumming.

• Members

First, I am not here to make friends.

but as long people behave like many here, I certainly won't spend additional time for some extra service to this forum as I did years ago.

And yes, you are right, this drum forum is a waste of time for any pro, that's why we do not have any pros here anymore, to many morons. here.

And my comment above is not about the beginners, but about the assholes posting one bull{censored} after another, most often without any relation to drumming.

first, you have made no friends, so mission accomplished.

second, please spend no additional time here, as you start more flaming {censored} than you extinguish. had you an open eye, you'd see that the formites here are mostly comrades and actually like the banter, and we do take things seriously and support each other when it's needed. to me, that's more pro than you've ever shown.

third, if this is a waste of time for a pro like yourself, why do you return?

finally, consider yourself one of the assholes posting one bull{censored} after another, as is evident to all here, examples being your endless vids and pictures of samurai, and swissmen blowing into giant horns.

• Members

In all fairness I like Rudy just fine and have gotten tons of useful information from him, and would certainly count him among the people I call internet friends.

In fairness to the majority, Rudy you are quite a bit more aggressive than you used to be and have a helluva knack for pissing people off.

When it comes down to it the guy has been in the industry longer than many of us have been alive, and if this place didn't have contrasting opinions and attitudes it'd be really boring.

To me it's much like the semi regular calls for CEM to be banned (though he does seem to be mellowing with age)

Hell I even miss the guy that got ran off when the thread about the creation of the Universe got out of hand. (cull that memory for an extra 50 points)

As unpopular as it might make me, I think this place would be worse off without Rudy.

and 1001, I dig the vid, very smooth.

• Members

Well, I've been making my living as a performer for over 40 years, and I enjoy myself here. I even enjoy you making an ass of yourself.

• Members

Interesting vid 1001. Interesting read everyone. We cycle here on this forum. Assholes are a requirement it seems. Trashing people just because you may be a better musician is not. It's completely unnecessary, and unproductive regardless of what our discussion is about.

Rudy, I'm glad that your self-esteem is so high that you feel you're free to belittle others. Most people, no everyone, I've ever met that believes they have that right are truly lonely people that somewhere deep down actually feel that they're inadequate on some level and socialize in this manner so they feel superior. It's the "bully on the playground" syndrome on a much higher level.

It's actually too bad because I would venture to guess you have much to offer from reading your posts in the past. As I read this it kinda made me a little depressed because your responses devalued the respect that you could have with little to no effort by just being honest, decent and helpful.

As far as the time sig, I'm not gonna lie, I would guess 4/4 or 2/4. But, what I heard was a significant amount of free form jazz. I'd venture to say, from my experience (which is minimal compared to the big picture and a lot of you guys), spending enough time together playing that form of music eventually translates into three separate musicians becoming a single musical machine. Each part drives the other without much thought, but an amazing amount of unconscious feeling. JMO

Archived