22332322332222:breathe:333232332323223322

1001gear

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WHAT? That was {censored}ing beautiful man. These guys play so well together.

Yeah rivuhm come a loong way since JP Souza. Odd groupings are really foreign to most. I remember the first time I saw Chad Wackerman he was 16 or something and I'm thinking man this kid plays different but he has no rhythm. :facepalm: Well live and learn.

• Members

Don't do this often, but this time I'm gonna..

This is crap..

I dunno, I thought it was great. I like hearing melodic guitar that plays interesting rhythm's....and makes for interesting drumming. Zach is kicking ass here.

Don't get me wrong, I like 8th note-boom-chuck-boom-chuck rocking too....but Wayne has always stretched rhythmic boundries, and this kind of playing gives us drummers room to play something more challenging and interesting.

Oh yeah, you are right, it's in 4/4....with modulations here and there!

• Members

I've abandoned fusion but I still like Krantz. His composition sounds serendipitous. Maybe it is. Nice tone too.

I'm just starting not to get lost. :lol:

I'd heard the name but never paid attention. Somebody in the Lesson Forum recommended Krantz w/ Carlock. That was in the context of OZ Noy and the material was undisappointingly edgy and funky. This earlier stuff with Zach Danziger was more appealing I thought.

• Members

imma guess that crowd is all dudes. really dorky ones.

Post of the year so far! :thu:

Having said that, everyone in that band was an absolutely stellar musician. I wasn't a fan of what they were playing, but I was damn impressed that they were ABLE to play it. Definitely seemed like it was in 4/4 for most of it.

• Members

tell me a reason why I should take 20 minutes to make a transcription of that Wayne Krantz song

or do I waste my time as usual, only to find out that most of you guy could not read the chart, except for a few like 1001, manouvre, slap happy etc.

20 mins, huh.. lol. riiiight. I can actually read (even sight read) pretty well and admit it, only a bastard would write that song in anything/4. The point of even writing music in the first place is to effectively communicate with the musician. Using a quarter based signature ain't gonna cut it with something that busy.

• Members

20 mins, huh.. lol. riiiight. I can actually read (even sight read) pretty well and admit it, only a bastard would write that song in anything/4. The point of even writing music in the first place is to effectively communicate with the musician. Using a quarter based signature ain't gonna cut it with something that busy.

well, I can tell you that much, the whole song is in 4/4, and from from measure 21 on it is obvious that it is 4/4.

before, from bar 1 to 21, and as 1001gear said, it has irregular non.repeating subdivisions which also run over the bar line.

and please, before you adress anything at me, learn proper musical terminology.

• Members

well, I can tell you that much, the whole song is in 4/4, and from from measure 21 on it is obvious that it is 4/4.

before, from bar 1 to 21, and as 1001gear said, it has irregular non.repeating subdivisions which also run over the bar line.

I will if you promise to learn how to spell 'address'.

• Members

what an ass!!!! and Im not referring to the avatar!!!:wave:

Archived