22332322332222:breathe:333232332323223322

1001gear

• Members
See? The bitches love me.

So much misogyny, homophobia, and pointless blather wrapped in the worthlessness, how could anyone not love you?

It's like you're a hand crafted gift to humanity sent by god himself, man we're so lucky to have to here contributing such levels of wit eloquence.

I bow to your clear superiority.:facepalm:

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

and now for an on topic post

To be fair Rudolf whats his face does have talent for pushing buttons. But. We're all on the same team here.. I stand by my opinion that the video was crap. Not that I don't "get it" I do. I just think it's a bunch of goop.. Half of that might have been mistakes, hell they may have been just wingin it, how the hell would ya even know, it all sounds like a mistake..

We're all entitled to our opinions, but I'd bet a large amount of money that the majority of the vid came off pretty much exactly as intended.
I say this cause to me it doesn't sound like goop and the time, though meandering is solid.
If you we're to tap 1/8 notes along with the song you'd see that they all line up quite nicely.

I like the vid, and while I'd rather play Dock of the Bay than the Wayne Krantz tune, I'd certainly rather listen to the Krantz tune than to some guys rip out all their chops over a 12 bar blues.
The thing I like best about the Krantz is the phrasing, it's odd, but kinda organic.

• Members

i come here to learn and bull{censored} with everybody and i have made some good friends here that i dont even know and i will be the 1st to tell ya i dont know jack {censored} about the art of drumming and thats why im here,so there !
i might spank that ass in other ways though :poke:

• Members
So much misogyny, homophobia, and pointless blather wrapped in the worthlessness, how could anyone not love you?

It's like you're a hand crafted gift to humanity sent by god himself, man we're so lucky to have to here contributing such levels of wit eloquence.

I bow to your clear superiority.
:facepalm:

Still cryin? I'll bring you some chocolates later. That'll make you happy.

• Members

The thing I like best about the Krantz is the phrasing, it's odd, but kinda organic.

yes! Even though it's extremely difficult these guys are playing delicate and passionately. They really move together with incredible dynamics, which is what reminded me of classical music. Thanks for the initial post 1001, definitely going to pick up a Krantz album.

• Members

In my drunken haze I labeled it 4/utter bull{censored}. Having taken another listen I hear that it is a beautiful piece of music demonstrating fantastic rhytmic dexterity. Doing so without becoming unrecognizable. I did know it to be 4/4 but the rum wouldn't let me appreciate the music at the time.

Good lookin out 101:thu:

• Members

or do I waste my time as usual, only to find out that most of you guy could not read the chart, except for a few like 1001, manouvre, slap happy etc.

I must be the "etc." I could transcribe the chart myself thanks, so I won't be asking you to do it. Then again, why would I worry about it?

• Members

Still cryin? I'll bring you some chocolates later. That'll make you happy.

You better, I can take all the insults you can throw, but don't go promising chocolates if you don't intend to deliver.....and none of that one layer box crap either, two layers of hand dipped, please and thank you.

• Members

yes! Even though it's extremely difficult these guys are playing delicate and passionately. They really move together with incredible dynamics, which is what reminded me of classical music. Thanks for the initial post 1001, definitely going to pick up a Krantz album.

Thank 3shiftguitar from vertland. Krantz's now band is with Keith Carlock. Just going through the YTube stuff, it's funkier/drummier than this stuff with Danziger. Zach Danziger himself is worth looking into. Until this clip, that name elicited a "some metal guy" response in me. lol.

• Members

Thanks for the count track. You'd pass for Max von Sydow.
:lol:
Here's the problem I have. (besides haven't listened to this thing a hundred times) Once it opens up past the obvious 4/4 part, saying or thinking the numbers allows too much of a fudge factor. It's very easy to get loose and start counting in hyper salsa instead.

yes, it is very difficult to count the straight quarter time signature of this Krantz tune - there are basically two reasons for that, 1st they play the odd accentuated theme very sloppy - second they play at the edge of their talent which introduces a stress factor in the music which makes this tune unenjoyable to listen to, at least to me.

and counting subdivisions such as |332323| etc., all in phrases consisting of 16ths and phrases crossing the bar line, is not recommended since the theme is not linear odd time signature, but odd accentuated 4/4, in other words hardly any accent and start of a phrase falls on 1, 2, 3 or 4.

also the unusual phrases and the place of the accents of the theme is played very unprecisely rhythmic wise, that's another reason what throws one off counting... those musicians in Krantz's band are not even near a drummer like Steve Bohannon or pianist Milcho Leviev.

listen once to this "Bulgarian Bulge" (I tell you the time signature later) and hear with what ease and natural feeling odd meter can be played, btw, that's an American big band, not a Bulgarian folk ensemble:

[YOUTUBE]2msqK7HHdaY[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Looks like hypnosis. Don Ellis is a lot easier to keep track of. The licks are tricky but easy to commit to memory since the forms are very regular. I have a Live at Montreaux, Dave Crigger on drums, on vinyl. One of the tracks - I believe, Niner Two has a synth bass riff that just killed me. It's the first odd stuff I'd heard that rocked as it swung. I'd have to say that riff more than anything else got me hooked on odd groupings. Haven't listened to it since CDs came out.

Archived