Why I can't keep from laughing when people say punk drumming is "easy"

JMR

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just spent over 30 minutes trying to catch up on this thread. I made a point to listen to at least 30 seconds of every video posted. I have to admit, I spent a lot of time clock watching.

Now I think I'm going to take a shower..

Hey, at least I tried..

• Members

Scientific statistics on brain function and education, reflect that people of higher IQ/intelligence/reasoning, most often listen to Classical and Jazz. Those two genre's top the list.

It seems to go down hill from there, with punk music listener's being at the bottom of the scale.

I think this thread reflects those stats quite accurately.

• Members

Scientific statistics on brain function and education, reflect that people of higher IQ/intelligence/reasoning, most often listen to Classical and Jazz. Those two genre's top the list.

It seems to go down hill from there, with punk music listener's being at the bottom of the scale.

Oh yeah?! Well...you got doo doo on your shoes!

• Members

I'm completely torn between responding with either:

1) Scientific statistics on brain function and education also reflect that people who:

• Members

That's odd, considering Greg Ginn's solos were inspired by free jazz, Saetia's name came from a misprinted Coltrane song, Orchid discusses members of the Frankfurt School in many of their lyrics (among other things), etc, etc, etc. I could go on and on if you'd like, just to point out how strikingly ignorant you are.

{censored} YOU. PUNK ROCK.

• Members

I just spent over 30 minutes trying to catch up on this thread. I made a point to listen to at least 30 seconds of every video posted. I have to admit, I spent a lot of time clock watching.

Now I think I'm going to take a shower..

Hey, at least I tried..

YOU'RE TOO OLD. DIE NOW.

• Members

YOU'RE TOO OLD. DIE NOW.

NOW THAT IS TOTALY OUT OF LINE! I have been watching all of this garbage going on for some time now and wanted to put my two cents in but refrained because I did not want to add to the ignorance. But now I can't help myself. Read what Rdrummer said and please answer this question. What warranted an ignorant comment like that from you?

• Members

Yeah JMR you need to learn that not everyone is going to like what you like. You created this thread to invoke this kind of conversation because you wanted the drama. Your responses throughout were clearly to invoke drama also. You need to grow up. You also need to be careful before the head man in charge steps in which is likely if you keep posting some garbage like that last one.

• Members

This is stupid. Is there really an anti-punk sentiment going on or is this just an argument to argue?

I seriously hope that the post claiming people who listen are statistically dumber is just a troll post.

• Members

Every musician has their particular calling or space of the musical universe and I am happy to say after a few years of lingering around here along with trying to develope some chops I must say I try to appreciate everyones experience that made them the artist that they are.

Art is not right or wrong it just "is" for better or for worse I try to experience it and grow from it. There is room in the house for everybody.

• Members

Every musician has their particular calling or space of the musical universe and I am happy to say after a few years of lingering around here along with trying to develope some chops I must say I try to appreciate everyones experience that made them the artist that they are.

Art is not right or wrong it just "is" for better or for worse I try to experience it and grow from it. There is room in the house for everybody.

93a29064_Slow-Clap.gif&size=400x1000

Bravo!

• Members
    :facepalm:

Damn guys, grow up.

20276817.jpg

I don't know if you'd like it anyway, but a lot of what those kids call screamo is not actually screamo. Real (this sounds really pretentious) screamo is influenced by stuff like Fugazi, Nation Of Ulysses, and Joy Divison. Screamo is stuff like this

brokencyde, etc, is a whole completely different area. No relation.

• Members

NOW THAT IS TOTALY OUT OF LINE! I have been watching all of this garbage going on for some time now and wanted to put my two cents in but refrained because I did not want to add to the ignorance. But now I can't help myself. Read what Rdrummer said and please answer this question. What warranted an ignorant comment like that from you?

You can tell from my use of all capital letters and simplified phrases that I am gravely serious with that comment. I stand by my word.

• Members

so much dumb dripping here.

I always have a hard respecting anybody as a musician or as a person who is exclusionary by nature or knee jerk which is all I see from the handful of the usual ignorant & predictable posters. some real winners here & is exactly why I (and it looks like many others) don't come around here too much anymore.

There is not a genre that I don't dig somebodies work in.

• Members

Well mr6, your opinion is law? I can see pros don't need to make waves but were just bitching about crappy stuff. It's for musicians here. It makes sense that jungle genre come under scrutiny. If JMR or any of us crossed, trampled any lines we'd be banned - scream censorship all you want. It's gotta be civilized - {censored} talk and all. Punk is essentially anti civil - so where TF you gonna put your diplomacy?

Archived