Why I can't keep from laughing when people say punk drumming is "easy"

JMR

• Members

in my experience the type of person with little knowledge or experience but enormous narcissism who has the need to pass judgement on an entire genre' of music is consistent with the stereotype of an uncultured, know nothing housewife. These absurd pronouncements are not opinions & are worthy of disdain from anyone with a whit of perspective regardless of their personal taste.

start hearing 1001gear posts over the site in the voice of a classic housewife archetype & it all starts to make sense. Her posts are way more amusing & almost worth reading when you do it like that. almost.

...with apologies to actual housewives (but not 1001gear, she deserves none.)

Pretty inept. Like that music you posted.

Which hasn't improved last time I checked.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

start hearing 1001gear posts over the site in the voice of a classic housewife archetype & it all starts to make sense.

Personally, I "hear" all of 1001gear's posts in the voice of RoboCop.

• Members

Nope. Not twisted at all. You can suck at the teat of his pseudo-anarchistic shtick but I'm not fooled. You've apparently been drinking too much of his kool aid. Any cat the decries uniformity but dons the uniform of a whole subset is a hypocrite. Any fool who decries the corporate structure in the face of that corporate structure making his living situation comfortable is a hypocrite. Any fool who talks the game of the idiocy of a government or its people and isn't doing squat about it but talking is a parrot.

Again, you can have him.

Well ok then: your reality, where you have a better understanding of the guy and what he talks about, etc. (while also admitting you've seen him in 'interviews and such'), than I, who have followed his performances as what could be called a 'fan' for the better part of 20 years, etc.

Yeah, THAT makes way more sense than the guy who's more familiar with the subject matter knowing it better.

Sure it does.

You win!

• Members

Well ok then: your reality, where you have a better understanding of the guy and what he talks about, etc. (while also admitting you've seen him in 'interviews and such'), than I, who have followed his performances as what could be called a 'fan' for the better part of 20 years, etc.

Yeah, THAT makes way more sense than the guy who's more familiar with the subject matter knowing it better.

Sure it does.

You win!

Thanks, oh almighty discount store for giving me permission to be right and have my own opinion. I would have never thought it possible without your support. Now I can go on living knowing that you approve. :thu:

• Members

being forceful and assertive with your opinions =/= not allowing someone else to have their own.

If I think it sucks, I'll tell you it sucks. You can like it, but I'm not obligated to make you feel good about it.

• Members

And that's your problem along with his. You are so stuck on being right when everything you say about anything is nothing more than an opinion. And you miss out on the fundamental principal that morality is a relative phenomenon.

Three things for the record:

1) I have zero problems. Can't speak for Rollins of course. But I'm ok.

2) I'm not 'stuck on being right'. I just happen to be so.

3) Everybody is entitled to their opinion, and that includes you. But if you believe that opinions can't be right or wrong simply because they are opinions...you're wrong .

Again.

People used to believe the Earth was flat. Since we all know now that the Earth is actually NOT flat, that belief clearly was not based on facts, and therefore was an opinion.

An opinion that was wrong.

In sumamry:

(a) Opinions can be wrong.

(b) You're proof of that being the case in this thread.

© N/A

• Members

Three things for the record:

1) I have zero problems. Can't speak for Rollins of course. But I'm ok.

2) I'm not 'stuck on being right'. I just happen to be so.

3) Everybody is entitled to their opinion, and that includes you. But if you believe that opinions can't be right or wrong simply because they are opinions...you're
wrong

Again.

People used to believe the Earth was flat. Since we all know now that the Earth is actually NOT flat, that belief clearly was not based on facts, and therefore was an opinion.

An opinion that was wrong.

In sumamry:

(a) Opinions
can
be wrong.

(b) You're proof of that being the case in this thread.

(c) N/A

1. Anytime someone puts up somethig that doesn't sit right with you you demonstrate how much of a problem you have with regardless of an issue having nothing to do with.

Which leads to your other problem

2: You are stuck on being right. The average person who agrees to disagree will do just that instead of arguing with someone about their opinion.

3. My opinion of Rollins' hypocrisy and the earth being flat are two mutually exclusive issues and not at all comparable within the context of this discussion.

In summary:

(a) while your premise of opinions being wrong is plausible your contextual use in this instance is misguided at best

(b) you are proof of the case of "I don't have any problems, but my problem with you is..."

© nsfw

• Members

Not so amazing how predictable you are.

"I gotta be right" response in 3...2...

I'm amazed someone who's such an innerwebz winner graces this forum so frequently.

You'd think someone of your mental capacities would be out curing cancer, saving malnourished Africn children or splitting atoms.

Thanks for thinking of the little people, champ!

• Members

I'm amazed someone who's such an innerwebz winner graces this forum so frequently.

You'd think someone of your mental capacities would be out curing cancer, saving malnourished Africn children or splitting atoms.

Thanks for thinking of the little people, champ!

On time as predicted.

• Members

This is awesome lol you guys crack me up!

As for the original topic I have to say punk drumming has never really done it for me. Seems like someone just banging their drums a loud as possible. When you get into the sub genres you find some intriguing stuff but other than that nothing special.

• Members

On time as predicted.

The irony of you making judgements of some sort about me continuing to respond is unparalleled.

So in addition to being wrong and a webz Champeen, you're also either a hypocrite...or just plain dumb.

Archived