Why I can't keep from laughing when people say punk drumming is "easy"

JMR

• Members

YOU'RE TOO OLD. DIE NOW.

You are right, I am old (61). I have been rightly accused of being exclusionary in my musical taste. I wanted to learn more about this particular style, that's why I really did spend a lot of time watching.

As to the point of the thread, I have to agree that some of the drumming was really good. I have a new respect for a couple of groups I had never heard before because of the drummer in the group.

I really didn't like the overall feel of the music and the vocals. I can understand though how I may have identified with some of the raw energy when I was a very young drummer, because it is definitely something that sticks out as different from the mainstream.

There are not many of us drummers over 60 who are still playing. I'll try to keep a more open mind, but I reserve the right to have an opinion good or bad.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well mr6, your opinion is law? I can see pros don't need to make waves but were just bitching about crappy stuff. It's for musicians here. It makes sense that jungle genre come under scrutiny. If JMR or any of us crossed, trampled any lines we'd be banned - scream censorship all you want. It's gotta be civilized - {censored} talk and all. Punk is essentially anti civil - so where TF you gonna put your diplomacy?

huh? i have no interest in hipping you to my point, stay sweet.

• Members

And here I thought punk began and ended with The Ramones, The Sex Pistols and maybe the more musically inclined Clash and DropKick Murphys...

Yeah, that's most people

Archived