All hard rock is the same.

1001gear

• Members

Like I said, troll title. You even concede the general idea. Tune wise too. Two chord muck, seriously irritating same ole three chord blues with 4/4 and screaming ... I lost interest in rock of the day - oh at least a couple centuries ago. So now a couple centuries later I still basically like "rock" and it's grown; better training more spoiled brats - they actually go to music schools!?!?

Winger. Say what you will, it's polished, craftily played and presented, and It's still hard rock - and very interesting at the nuts and bolts level. Golly wiz bang woot! And it's even old already. :idk:

So DP is not a fave and somewhat of a dinosaur - I wanna hear new ( to me ; when from doesn't matter) better hard rock. Rhythms that actually rock. Riffs that demonstrate why I should be the one buying the ticket and other Fascist concepts lol. (!!! SARCASM !!! SARCASM !!!)

So indulge me an follow instructions. Post hard rock with the drumming you like and why so. And maybe I should add the terms evolved, innovated, improved, and why.

???

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It has to do with all threads!!!

Black Metal fandom off BEGIN.

oookay.(?)

you're getting as confusing and pointless as 1k.

no one in this thread listens to the sound effects CDs like me. there. i feel better.

• Members

As a side note: According to Aynsley Dunbar he was offered the Zeppelin gig before Bonham but had to turn it down due to other commitments. I love Bonham but Dunbar would have been killer.

I agree Johnny O.

Aynsley is a great player. That would have been an interesting line up.

• Members
^Nice to see so many of you have read the title!^

but srsly...

The question I ask is not can they play drums (?) They're all pros in working bands. I'm asking what is the music/rhythm - the feel; and are they playing it?

Paice is playing drums. Zips by all but the most general moments. You do know beat x in bar x to beat y in bar y somewhere yonder constitutes a rhythm (?) and that these locations help define the architecture of the feel ?

WTF?!?!?

I love 'ya man, but when you start posting in a tongue that more closely resembles the English language, maybe we can have an actual discussion. :rolleyes::facepalm::lol:

• Members

So, you don't want anyone to see your music (and possibly like it) unless they fit into an improved niche?

No.

I just don't want a bunch of dumb kids running around when I play.

I'm a musician, not a babysitter.

• Members

Well it's not that crude crappy stuff from the 70s but definitely a descendant. And surprise, well written.

Point me to some stuff. Most of the stuff I recall really is the same ole thing - not that good either.

More criteria:

Not so backbeaty

Minimum of dumb 16th note around the toms

More motivic tom work

Crafty, unbusy cymbal work

simple but crafty interplay with the riffs and ensemble proper.

IE Good, even tasty music except heavy rock or derivative.

• Members

Well it's not that crude crappy stuff from the 70s but definitely a descendant. And surprise, well written.

Point me to some stuff. Most of the stuff I recall really is the same ole thing - not that good either.

More criteria:

Not so backbeaty

Minimum of dumb 16th note around the toms

More motivic tom work

Crafty, unbusy cymbal work

simple but crafty interplay with the riffs and ensemble proper.

IE Good, even tasty music except heavy rock or derivative.

If you consider Winger metal/hard rock, in any way 'heavy', or a descendant of such, then I honestly no habla what you're speaking of.

They are pop music with a bit of distortion, played by a couple guys with pre-exisitng chops-centric resumes.

Splitting (big) hairs there? I don't think so. Yes, Kip played with Alice Cooper, but big poofy hair, spandex clothes and a bunch of flash and pyro don't make the music hard or heavy, IMO.

Neither does a blinding billion dollar smile.

For something played by a couple guys with pre-existing chops-centric resumes that's actually hard/heavy, etc...

Living Colour or these guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS9C6k419iU&feature=list_other&playnext=1&list=AL94UKMTqg-9BtOW2ukcjD7bgnGWgpmwTy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0mbbF3qzQI

And besides that, Morganstein's like a midget anyway.

• Members

And besides that, Morganstein's like a midget anyway.

I presume you are referring to his physical stature and not his playing?

As a player he is a monster, and forget about the Winger crap, I'm talking early '70s Dixie Dregs. The man can play.

• Members

No.

I just don't want a bunch of dumb kids running around when I play.

I'm a musician, not a babysitter.

My friend's kid is 9 or 10 and comes to shows and I think it's the coolest thing in the world.

2:00 in especially

• Members

2:00 in especially

And here's whats wrong with the world...

Someone thinks that advocating for the legality of all ages concerts is a direct counter to someone advocating for shows where kids are not legally allowed...

OR someone thinks that because someone doesn't want kids at the shows they play means they don't want any kids to be able to go to any shows, period.

Your ability to understand concepts and string them together into into a cohesive argument is suspect at best based on the above...

The fact that you would try to school me or something by posting a clip from someone I was likely following avidly before you were born is just funny.

• Members

And here's whats wrong with the world...

Someone thinks that advocating for the legality of all ages concerts is a direct counter to someone advocating for shows where kids are not legally allowed...

OR someone thinks that because someone doesn't want kids at the shows they play means they don't want any kids to be able to go to any shows, period.

Your ability to understand concepts and string them together into into a cohesive argument is suspect at best based on the above...

The fact that you would try to school me or something by posting a clip from someone I was likely following avidly before you were born is just funny.

Obviously you haven't been following the guy too avidly or you wouldn't have that ageist attitude.

• Members

First off, I don't have any attitude that is conflict with what St. Ian preaches.

Second, since you dont understand apparently, its quite possible to avidly follow things one doesnt agree with or like.

With great joy, for instance, I follow the Cubs...because I love to see them fail.

Archived