Married guys - I have a question

BEAD

• CMS Author

Originally posted by THX1138

May 2nd 1998

So what qualifies you to dispute other's experiences as invalid? I've yet to know a woman who, when you peel away the layers, has no insecurity or jealously, and doesn't bring up {censored} from decades long forgotten if it suits her position. Seems I'm not alone in this observation. If your experience is different, that's great, but it doesn't make ours wrong.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow! It seem's like there are a lot of guys in here involved with some pretty insecure or unbalanced women. My wife's pretty great. Maybe it has to do with us both being 40+ these days and waiting until we were 32 and 27, respectively, until we got married. We both went thru the bull{censored} with others and got it out of our systems before we committed. The downside is that when I get close to retirement age I'll be paying for a college education for my son.

• Members

Nothing qualifies me any more than it qualifies anyone else to say that women in general are as psychotic as has been suggested in this thread. I never said that women have "no" insecurities or jealousy issues, etc. We all do to some extent, its part of human nature. What I take exception to is the notion that they are all as greatly flawed as some comments here make them appear. I also never questioned the validity of anyone's relationships. We've all been in situations that we'd simply like to forget, myself included. What I question is how you can allow yourself to be so {censored}ed up and jaded by those experiences that you would have such a {censored}ty overall view of women.

My basic point is that for every woman out there who is this maniacal, psychotic, emotionally trashed, pecker-slashing, schitzo... there is also a man who thinks he's some great prize.

Bottom line - you and I aren't gonna see eye to eye, and thats cool. World would suck if we all shared the same opinion. 22 years and counting, you must be in the right situation for you. Me? Yeah, I'm very happy with my wife. I consider myself very lucky.

Here's to many more for both of us.

• Members

Originally posted by chunkathalon

My wife came home in a terrible mood tonight.

She's still in a terrible mood.

I doubt I'll tell her tonight.

hm

we'll see

No, its the perfect time too. shell tell you exactly how she feels. Giving a stranger a number....

because seeing her two or three times doesnt really constitute as a real friend yet

You have to see through your wifes eyes.

• Members

I reckon it depends on your relationship with your wife and this woman. If this woman is a good friend or has some professional reason to keep in touch with you, then fine and dandy, if not then your wife would be well within her rights to throw a paddy.

IMHO like. :)

• CMS Author
Originally posted by chunkathalon

My wife came home in a terrible mood tonight.

She's still in a terrible mood.

I doubt I'll tell her tonight.

hm

we'll see

Actually that's something else I've learned from two decades of marriage.....if she's in a bad mood you may as well tell her. No sense in having to endure an additional bad mood later.;)

• Members

In my shoes, I'd have to have a good reason for giving a stranger my number. If there was somekind of friendship being developed, that's good enough.

I'd then tell Pam and that'd be the end of it.

She has male friends. In the same token, if she decided on a one-on-one lunch with a male friend (and vice-versa), I'd think there'd be awkwardness if it were someone I hadnt met, or if it was without reason (which means not "I just wanted to go out with him").

BUT, neither one of us would do that to each other. we've been together long enough to have confidence and trust in each other, as well as respect for each other as both people and partners in this relationship. I dont feel there ther is any reason it'd be a problem for either of us.

BTW: I married her because she's the most secure and level female Ive ever met. She leveled me out. That is important guys - insecurity doesnt go away or fix itself, it manifests itself in other forms - find a girl without the hangups and youll be much happier.

• Members

Originally posted by Perfessor

I'd tell her I wasn't comfortable with it. I wouldn't give out my number. Lotta goofballs out there.

.......calls Perfessor....breaths heavily

• Members

I can tell you as a somewhat newly wed wife (5 years ago) that I would be a little jealous at first, but I would trust my husband and give him the benefit of the doubt. As long as he didn't seem to be too overly interested in her or spend too much time with her/talking to her, I wouldn't be worried. I think it's important for married people to be able to have platonic friendships with people of the opposite sex.

• Members

Originally posted by Rachel Sampson

I can tell you as a somewhat newly wed wife (5 years ago) that I would be a little jealous at first, but I would trust my husband and give him the benefit of the doubt. As long as he didn't seem to be too overly interested in her or spend too much time with her/talking to her, I wouldn't be worried. I think it's important for married people to be able to have platonic friendships with people of the opposite sex.

Can we be friends?

• Members

let's see. you gave a chick at school your phone number.

i can't see how this is going to be interpreted as a good thing by mrs. chunkathalon.

female friends are OK as long as the wife knows them and approves of them.

otherwise they're usually seen as other women you want to spend time with and screw.

• CMS Author

Originally posted by Rippin' Robin

On the whole, women tend to be more afraid of you having or entering in on an emotional relationship or affair with another woman, rather than have you screwing another woman without any feeling at all.

Some biology thingy going on there.

I'd be willing to bet that a sex-only relationship would not go over any better than any other extraneous relationship. But indeed it's all based on biology for lack of a better term....in fact the previous accusations of making generalizations are ironic in that for the most part they really are true...guys are wired to spread their seed, so to speak, as far and as wide as possible. Women are wired to be selective and find the person best suited to provide a secure existence in which to make good babies and protect them. Anything that threatens this is going to be a problem, so jealousy isn't a "weakness", it's a vital instinct.

• Members

Originally posted by james on bass

Not a good idea man.

I've been married 9 years, together for 13. That kind of {censored} wouldn't go over well. My wife trusts me, but your scenario seems too much like setting up a date to me.

Yeah, thats what Im thinking.

Seriously, if my wife told me that she gave a guy her number that she only met 3 times. I would have to ask why?

Really, why? Because she's a cool person? Because you'll end up discussing old times?....like the three times you hooked up in class?

I dont know man....

• Members
Originally posted by greenshag

*looks at list of females numbers in cell phone*

I feel for you guys with neurotic woman out there....my wife is cool with me having female friends, as she knows who is number 1...

+2

i have plenty of female friends and students and my wife is cool-school about all of it...sometimes i will gig in another city and stay the night on the couch with a good female friend of mine....no big deal because my wiffer is level, secure, and confidenent and i'm not an adulterer.

:D:D:D

• CMS Author
Originally posted by Bassius

+2

i have plenty of female friends and students and my wife is cool-school about all of it...sometimes i will gig in another city and stay the night on the couch with a good female friend of mine....no big deal because my wiffer is level, secure, and confidenent and i'm not an adulterer.

:D
:D:D

Ah, but maybe she is.

• Members
Originally posted by Craigv

Ah, but maybe
she
is.

an adulterer?

well...that's her choice....life is about choice right?

as long as i get to watch...maybe it is girl-on-girl....

nah she's a goodie-goodie :D:D:D

• CMS Author
Originally posted by Bassius

an adulterer?

well...that's her choice....life is about choice right?

as long as i get to watch...maybe it is girl-on-girl....

nah she's a goodie-goodie
:D:D

Trust me; it's the quiet goodie-goodies you have to watch out for!:D

And forget getting to watch....no fun if you can't join in!

Archived