Best rear end

fretless

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • CMS Author

Originally posted by J.

I think it was an honest engineering mistake, one of countless others made through the years by American auto manufacturers.

You meant, "by auto manufacturers", right?

I've worked on and owned enough cars from all corners of the globe to never single out any one area for bad engineering.

• Members

Originally posted by Craigv

You meant, "by auto manufacturers", right?

I've worked on and owned enough cars from all corners of the globe to never single out any one area for bad engineering.

Hear ya there

they don't say "Lucas the prince of darkness" for nothin' !!!

• Members

I always like Richard Petty's tale of the problem they were having with the Superbird at Daytona(which is next month:)
The car was cutting out off of turn 4 then picking Back up then cutting out all the way down the front stretch the working fine in the corners then doing the same on the back stretch. They found out the motor was sucking so much air into the big Hemi it was pulling the hood down over the carb and shutting off the air, the motor woud shut itself down and stop sucking then would pick back up at a lower RPM after the hood lifted and let the air back in. Talk about a dead miss @ 200mph. No wonder we only have 358 cubic inches and restrictor plates now. And those were a whole lot more like real "Stock Cars" than what we see out there now, Oh Boy the "Fusion" is here?

• Members

Originally posted by J.

I think it was an honest engineering mistake, one of countless others made through the years by American auto manufacturers.

No doubt the engineering error was honest. Ford's response to it, however, was anything but honest. That was the problem.

Ford knew that the Pinto was prone to burning up in otherwise minor accidents, but they figured it would be cheaper to compensate the victims rather than recall the car.

Emre

Archived