Opinions on a good cheap bass for home recording?

WillShrdForFood

• Members

I'm not a bass player, but I find my clips lacking without that good centered bass track. I dont have a lot of coin to blow on a bass, maybe 250 bucks, maybe a little more if I find a good deal. I'd use the solely just to record bass tracks onto my clips, nothing more. The basses I've been looking at are the Epiphone Les Paul bass and the Peavey Millenium 5 string. I find myself leaning towards the Peavey most, but I'm open to other suggestions.

• Members

Originally posted by WillShrdForFood

I'm not a bass player, but I find my clips lacking without that good centered bass track. I dont have a lot of coin to blow on a bass, maybe 250 bucks, maybe a little more if I find a good deal. I'd use the solely just to record bass tracks onto my clips, nothing more. The basses I've been looking at are the Epiphone Les Paul bass and the Peavey Millenium 5 string. I find myself leaning towards the Peavey most, but I'm open to other suggestions.

You want a used MIM Pbass.

• Members

Originally posted by B-Bottom

whenever I recorded with my Peavey T40 it always sounded pretty good.

True, but lot's of options to worry about, etc. That's why I recomend a Pbass for bassic needs like stated here. One sound that works well with everything, almost unscrewupable when recording. :D

• Members

Originally posted by james on bass

Booo!

I've never liked flats but have only ever tried them on fretless. For {censored}s'n'giggles I should throw a set on the P.

:thu:

Nothing goes 'thump' like flats on a P-bass.

Trust me. I've done it, and I'm Thumper, dammit. :evil:

Archived