Frozen Pizza

Thunderbroom

• Members

Man they've come a long way since I used to eat Totino's pizzas for $0.89 when I was a kid. The crust tasted like cardboard.

My wife picked up a couple of these when the Schwan guy came by this week:

63939lg.jpg

It comes precut and in the pan that you see in the pic. The pan makes the crust heat evenly.

It's pretty tasty.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've started buying the frozen pizza dough from the grocery store...

I get a plain pizza sauce and add some herbs and spices to my preference.

So with just a little more effort, I can create a custom topped pizza that is much better than most of the frozen pizzas! It's not quite as good as pizzeria stuff, but it's close!!

• Members

Oh Pizza, how I love thee...let me count your slices...

Hi, my name is Kristin and I'm a Pizzaholic.

Hi, my name is Steve and it's been 3 days since I've had a slice of pizza, and I-- wait... oh... oh god, I haven't had pizza in 3 days?! I gotta go!! :idea:

• Members

Cook's Illustrated just reviewed frozen pizzas last weekend on their weekly TV show. California Kitchen won, followed by Freschetta (sp?) What's that saying -- "bad pizza is better than no pizza"?

Pizza was my 2nd choice for dinner tonight. After reading this thread, I'm wishing it was my 1st.

• Members

Around here we have these "Amy's Organic" pizzas. My favorite is the pesto sauce with vegies. It's a vegetarian pizza I actually like!

DiGeorno supreme pizzas are pretty good too. Red Baron is ok, the sauce is distinctly sweeter than the others I've tried.

• Members

I can't remember the name of it, but the frozen pizza I got the last time I was in Chicago when Kindness, OriginalNinja, and I went on a late-night food run was delicious.

It was a local brand, but that's all I remember about it.

• Members

I can't remember the name of it, but the frozen pizza I got the last time I was in Chicago when Kindness, OriginalNinja, and I went on a late-night food run was delicious.

It was a local brand, but that's all I remember about it.

+1

lou malnati's ftw!!!

Archived