Frozen Pizza

Thunderbroom

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I see these trucks all the time, but I don't know anyone who buys stuff from them.

Now you do.

:thu:

They have some really good stuff. The prices are reasonable given that the food is delivered to your door. We get stuff for quick meals and snacks from them...mozzarella sticks...jalapeno poppers...stir fry veggies.

• Members

I was watching Hell's Kitchen the other day, and Chef Gordon Ramsey said that there's a "gourmet" pizza in his London restaurant that sells for 200 dollars.

200 DOLLARS!!!! that must be a freakin' good pizza.

He's like "you can buy THIS, or you can buy THIS...." and he opened the doors and in walked a bunch of pizza delivery guys with like 30-40 pizzas. It was kind of funny.

• Members

I make my own from scratch - cheaper & way, way better.
:p

Really? Everytime I buy ingredients it always ends up costing me a lot more than just ordering. That holds true for a lot of things actually, don't even get me started on taco or chili nights :eek:

• Members

Schwan's = Red Baron and Frecshetta

Schwan makes those brands.

http://www.theschwanfoodcompany.com/brands.cfm

Their delivery service is kinda pricy but you can get some very good values when they run sales and promotions. It all comes frozen, from fruit juice to bread dough so it's best tio have a big freezer. I found their specialty meats and pastas and especially pizzas are usually worth the slightly higher than grocery store prices.

I had to stop my service however because I would also get ice cream every time the guy would come and I gained some weight and my cholesterol shot up.

• Members

I must be the only guy that can {censored} up a frozen pizza. Once, after a few bong hits I put my pizza in the oven with the cardboard thingy still on the bottom. Woops! The stupid thing caught on fire and filled the place with smoke and set off the smoke detectors! The whole thing was a real bummer, I really, really wanted that pizza!

• Members

51PNQTJAW0L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

If you eat frozen pizza, get one of these. Makes even those $0.89 Totinos pizzas great.

If not that, definately get yourself a pizza stone. :thu:

edit: to add to that, to make even the "fund raiser" type pizza's better: dough, sauce, toppings, then chesse on last.

• Members

I love Jack's frozen pizza (don't know if it is regional or not, but it doesn't seem generic). Now I'm going to have to buy some tonight. I try not to buy them too often because they are the only thing that I know for sure I will eat too fast.

Archived