Gas Price Alert: Lieberman-Warner Climate Security Act

Thunderbroom

• Members

Got proof of this?

Got proof it wasn't? It was an ACTUAL resession i.e. economy shrunk instead of maintaining virtually no growth. I didn't make up the definition of a resession (A period of general economic decline; specifically, a decline in GDP for two or more consecutive quarters. source: http://www.investorwords.com/4086/recession.html )

We are almost stagnant but grew a tiny bit so we still need to see 2 quarters of the GDP getting smaller before we fit the definition (unless political spin and re-definitions come into play). The recession of late 2000/early2001 was a true recession by the classical definition.

gdp_chart_3q2003_revised.gif

If you want to play the blame game we could call the republican congress at fault instead of Clinton but then the democratic congress is responsible for this one. In actuality it's just political spin, economies breath all the time.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Got proof it wasn't? It was an ACTUAL resession i.e. economy shrunk instead of maintaining virtually no growth. I didn't make up the definition of a resession (A period of general economic decline; specifically, a decline in GDP for two or more consecutive quarters. source:
http://www.investorwords.com/4086/recession.html
)

We are almost stagnant but grew a tiny bit so we still need to see 2 quarters of the GDP getting smaller before we fit the definition (unless political spin and re-definitions come into play). The recession of late 2000/early2001 was a true recession by the classical definition.

If you want to play the blame game we could call the republican congress at fault instead of Clinton but then the democratic congress is responsible for this one. In actuality it's just political spin, economies breath all the time.

THAT WAS WHEN BUSH TOOK OFFICE SO ITS HIS FAULT YOU FOOL!

• Members

Got proof it wasn't? It was an ACTUAL resession i.e. economy shrunk instead of maintaining virtually no growth. I didn't make up the definition of a resession (A period of general economic decline; specifically, a decline in GDP for two or more consecutive quarters. source:
http://www.investorwords.com/4086/recession.html
)

Way to {censored} up perfectly good spin and rhetoric with facts.

dick! :mad:

• Members

House GOP challenges Pelosi for gas price plan

By Jackie Kucinich

Posted: 04/22/08 07:14 PM [ET]

House Republican leaders on Tuesday challenged Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) to release a plan to lower gas prices that they say Democrats touted when they were in the minority.

• Members

I read this morning that the Lundberg Survey said that gas price were up $.17 over the last two weeks and that Chicago and Long Island have joined SF in the $4/gal club.

I paid $3.99 for Regular on Saturday.

Average here in Denver is $3.71 as of this morning.

$80 to fill my truck.

• Members

I heard Hussein Obama on the news last night. He is going to try to take away our SUV's and force us to keep our thermostats below 72 degrees.

But, he said nothing about more domestic drilling or nuke plants. WTF?

Is this the hope and change Lug?

• Members

:freak:

:lol:

I don't know what it is, I just picture her as a 20 something, fresh out of college with no qualifications, and taking anal DP to get promotions. Something tells me she never grew out of the love for DP, though.

I also can't get the gangbang image of her knelt down surrounded by 7 guys shooting loads all over her face.

Normally that {censored} turns me on but for the last couple of years, since she became Majority Leader, whenever I imagine that scene to close things out, I see her stretched out face, and I give up and click on HCBF and post frustrated diatribes against liberals.

C7

• Members

I heard Hussein Obama on the news last night. He is going to try to take away our SUV's and force us to keep our thermostats below 72 degrees.

I thought it was keep it above 72? And you forgot eating as much as we want too. :)

Sweet, sweet freedom! :thu:

• Members

Well, I'm going for a nonspecific different change with a more vague hope (any specifics given could lose votes). The voters don't really need to know any details other than I inspire them. They will find out my changes once I'm in charge of the most powerfull military and lead the most powerful economy in the world. Until then, the less said, the better. Also, I haven't been tainted by any experience in any office...so I got that going for me!

• Members

Well, I'm going for a nonspecific
different
change with a more
vague
hope (any specifics given could lose votes). The voters don't really need to know any details other than I inspire them. They will find out my changes once I'm in charge of the most powerfull military and lead the most powerful economy in the world. Until then, the less said, the better. Also, I haven't been tainted by
any
experience in
any
office...so I got that going for me!

Plus you're cute. :D

• Members

You've got a good plan lug, but let me offer you some advice - when people start to pressure you about getting specific, resist at all costs. If you start to speak on issues, you might make a fool out of yourself. For example...

You could say that the current mortgage 'crisis' is just like the conditions before the Great Depression... proving you know jack squat about history and economics...

Or, you could say that you'd be willing to meet with antagonistic foreign leaders without any preconditions... proving you know jack squat about foreign policy. Of course, you could rescind that comment at a later date, but it would be too late by then.

• Members

You've got a good plan lug, but let me offer you some advice - when people start to pressure you about getting specific, resist at all costs. If you start to speak on issues, you might make a fool out of yourself. For example...

You could say that the current mortgage 'crisis' is just like the conditions before the Great Depression... proving you know jack squat about history and economics...

Or, you could say that you'd be willing to meet with antagonistic foreign leaders without any preconditions... proving you know jack squat about foreign policy. Of course, you could rescind that comment at a later date, but it would be too late by then.

On step ahead of you, I had my wife's tongue cut out last week as well. :thu: BTW, it's never to late if the media is your personal fanboyz.

• Members

No, smartass, I sold my truck and drive a car. I still need the truck and that's a hardship, but I don't have a choice right now, since thanks to this wonderful economy, I'm also looking for a job. And I'm not "bitching", I'm stating my opinion on something. I could as easily claim that you're bitching about my comments.

Now, on to moving closer to my job. With the average person in the US staying at a job a little over 2 years, where exactly would that be? And thanks for assuming that there's ANY form of mass transit within miles of my home, or that it goes where I've worked in the past 10 years I've lived in this general area. And if I lived within 2-5 miles of any place I've worked in this area, I'd have to pay 40% more for a home. And still have to drive. When I lived in the Hudson Valley region of NY, the only mass transit was the train into NYC, and I only worked there 6 months out of 14 years living there. A house closer to NY or the NJ offies where I worked??? Now *thats* comedy....at least three times the cost of the home I owned, which was $175,000 when I sold in 1987.

It's so easy to spout "solutions". Just try using them first.

I have. And in doing so, I've reduced my consumption of gas. I'm speaking with my dollars.

You spend more time and energy focusing on obstacles, and less time on getting around those obstacles. Good luck with that. And your cynicism. Based on many of your posts, your attitude sucks. Nice resort to name-calling, btw.

Archived