I am awesome.

Thunderbroom

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The delay was certainly a function of how far we were out. We started noticing the timing/delay on his before mine. No big deal.

The gig before the one pictured (which was this past Saturday), he and I went out as well. We went out too far and we were both noticing the delay so we changed our playing to match up to what we were hearing out of the mains and it totally messed with the band on stage. Needless to say we don't stray too far now.

There you go, it was because of the speed of sound then.

• Members

The wireless units probably didn't have any delay, your ears did. I used to walk from the stage to the pool at a Friday night gig I had back in MD, it was about 75 feet to where I'd park my keister on a cabana bed, the first time I did it I tried to play to the PA and got way thrown off, after that I just kept a very good count from the moment I walked off the stage and could play completely in time, no matter how far I was, I had to play to my internal clock and 'not listen' to the timing of the music from the stage.... it was not 'easy' but after a couple of fun Fridays I get pretty good at it, and my drummer noticed and complemented me on keeping time through my entire pool-side escapades!

• Members

i don't mean to offend . but when i opened this thread, the first thing i saw was ;

Thunderbroom

Supa Mod!

then this pic

tbroom.jpg

:cop: ^ ^^^ ..........................................^

• Members
Yeah, my wireless is on top of my amp in the rack. So effectively the signal travels 2 x 30 = 60 meters from my fingers to my ear.

Exactly. The distance from your fingers to the wireless receiver can be effectively discounted because that signal travels at some large fraction of the speed of light. The distance between your amp and your ears is quite significant, though because sound travels at about 340M/s, so if you're 30M away from your amp, the sound from it will take 88ms to get to your ears. That's certainly a noticeable delay, but it's purely a function of your distance from the amp. You'd get the same effect with a really long cable, plus the added effects of all those Picofarads. :D

• Members
what bass is that you are using there?
:confused:

A Fullerton P/J that I bought online new for $34 shipped. I put about $10 worth of duct tape on it after I botched the paint job. It was also setup by Kindness. He did a fret job as well as replaced the pots and rewired the internals. It's my favorite bass to play.

• Members
A Fullerton P/J that I bought online new for $34 shipped. I put about $10 worth of duct tape on it after I botched the paint job. It was also setup by Kindness. He did a fret job as well as replaced the pots and rewired the internals. It's my favorite bass to play.

woow! really cheap and looks very cool :eek::thu:

Archived