OT: Chargers were robbed

Super_Donut_Man

• Members
Yeah OK two weeks ago yada yada and way back when. It happens every week in pro football in most games. Some games are officiated so poorly you can tell when a certain officiating crew is on the field you're guaranteed to see bad calls.

You're right, it's much more fun to watch blowouts and amateur hour. Even if pro football is rigged, I would never stop watching it for college.

But thanks anyways. :)

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
You're right, it's much more fun to watch blowouts and amateur hour. Even if pro football is rigged, I would never stop watching it for college.

But thanks anyways.
:)

I'll take college ball over the NFL any day of the week and twice on Sunday (I don't understand the expression, but you get the point). Give me incredible games like the Boise State game a few years ago, and team willing to run running plays that aren't just halfback dives, etc. and you will keep me interested.

But I understand. I wouldn't be a college football fan if I liked VT either. :p:p:p

;)

• Members
I'll take college ball over the NFL any day of the week and twice on Sunday (I don't understand the expression, but you get the point). Give me incredible games like the Boise State game a few years ago, and team willing to run running plays that aren't just halfback dives, etc. and you will keep me interested.

But I understand. I wouldn't be a college football fan if I liked VT either.
:p
:p:p

;)

"give me incredible games like ____ a few years ago" k. :rolleyes: :poke: I'll be sure to watch college so I can see a good game once every few years. I'll stick to watching an occassional chamionship.

I will admit college coordinators do some cooler plays on occassion as opposed to the NFL, but it's still boring. I'll pass.

And who says I like VT? I don't have an alma matter :confused:

• Members
"give me incredible games like ____ a few years ago" k.
:rolleyes:
:poke: I'll be sure to watch college so I can see a good game once every few years. I'll stick to watching an occassional chamionship.

I will admit college coordinators do some cooler plays on occassion as opposed to the NFL, but it's still boring. I'll pass.

And who says I like VT? I don't have an alma matter
:confused:

Oops, confused you with incubhoweverhisnameisspelled. Still you worked in B-burg, so it's guilt-by-association.

There are great games every week, but the Boise St. game was one for the ages. The BCS championship that year was amazing. WVU vs. Georgia was also amazing the same year. Last year had Michigan getting beat at the last second by Appalachian St. This year is stacking up to be pretty interesting (though, even I have to confess that USC stands to run the table this year).

NFL: HB Dive, HB Dive, Pass, rinse, repeat.

• Members
Oh well. Giants won, fair and square. Again. So I have no complaints.

As did the Raiders...of course Kiffin, the best thing to walk through the doors in Oakland in a while, may be fired today...:(

About the Chargers? Dang. If you think about it though, 18 catches for Marshall and a complete failure to stop the Broncos when they needed to. Not sure that the Chargers exactly earned the win either. The game was pretty much a lesson by both teams on how not to stop teams from scoring. But yes, if I was a Chargers fan, I'd be pissed, just like I was after the Tuck Game.

• Members
Oops, confused you with incubhoweverhisnameisspelled. Still you worked in B-burg, so it's guilt-by-association.

There are great games every week, but the Boise St. game was one for the ages. The BCS championship that year was amazing. WVU vs. Georgia was also amazing the same year. Last year had Michigan getting beat at the last second by Appalachian St. This year is stacking up to be pretty interesting (though, even I have to confess that USC stands to run the table this year).

NFL: HB Dive, HB Dive, Pass, rinse, repeat.

Incubitabus, and yeah, he went to school there I believe. And no, I've never worked there... I've never even BEEN there. The ONLY part of VA I've ever been to was NoVA, DC side... Where I'm at now. But nice try again! :D

I'm from Texas, btw ;)

And either way, sorry, I'll keep my NFL. I don't agree with your view of it, but for the sake of finality, I like my HB Dives :cop:

• Members
Incubitabus, and yeah, he went to school there I believe. And no, I've never worked there... I've never even BEEN there. The ONLY part of VA I've ever been to was NoVA, DC side... Where I'm at now. But nice try again!
:D

I'm from Texas, btw
;)

And either way, sorry, I'll keep my NFL. I don't agree with your view of it, but for the sake of finality, I like my HB Dives
:cop:

Dammit, why the hell do I keep confusing you two? That's him yet again. He should come in here so all of my {censored} talking doesn't go to waste. :D

• Members

Dammit, why the hell do I keep confusing you two? That's him yet again. He should come in here so all of my {censored} talking doesn't go to waste.

Yep that's all him; though I can understand how you get our two alias' confused. ;)

And I agree. Maybe it'll help if I start talkin {censored} about him too... :confused:

• Members

I have wasted more than the usual amount of time reading all the football columnists and articles this morning. There is no piece I have read in which the author doesn't feel Ed Hercules cost the Chargers the game. Even Jay Cutler admitted he fumbled. I thought reading all this would make me feel better, but it doesn't. I am still bitter. So I'll go on..

To those Donkey fans saying "We've had bad calls, it all evens out, blah, blah..." BS. Tell me the last time Denver lost a game on a ref's call and everyone from the ref to the opposing QB admitted the result should have been different. Yesterday's event, a universally acknowledged blown call that reverses the outcome of the game yet can't be overturned, is a very rare event in the NFL (I'd guess it happens maybe once every five to ten years). This particular error was the result of a rule that incomplete passes later shown by replay to be fumbles can never be recovered by the opposing team. The probably NFL won't change this rule, as, IMO, they consider it more important to protect the ladies playing QB in the league, and one game every five to ten years is an acceptable cost in the league's collective mind.

There. Now all the Donkey fans on this board are or will soon be laughing at me, the Bolts still lost, and I still don't feel any better.

• Moderators
I have wasted more than the usual amount of time reading all the football columnists and articles this morning. There is no piece I have read in which the author doesn't feel Ed Hercules cost the Chargers the game. Even Jay Cutler admitted he fumbled. I thought reading all this would make me feel better, but it doesn't. I am still bitter. So I'll go on..

It doesn't matter to you that Denver lit up what is supposed to be a good defensive unit for 39 points? You know, stopping your opponent doesn't necessarily have to do with bad calls from referees. Some of those 39 points were scored before the refs gave them the game.

• Members

It doesn't matter to you that Denver lit up what is supposed to be a good defensive unit for 39 points? You know, stopping your opponent doesn't necessarily have to do with bad calls from referees.
Some of those 39 points were scored before the refs gave them the game.

Actually...

15 of those 39 points were the result of blown calls by the officials. But in my previous post I didn't mention the first quarter "interception" that couldn't be overruled because the Denver local in charge of setting up the on-field replay booth couldn't make it work when needed. This resulted in a first down for the Donks at the Chargers' 29, led to their first TD of the game a few plays later, and got the crowd involved early (later in the half PR had to take a delay penalty because the Denver crowd was so loud). I don't care which NFL team we're discussing, when you give a home team two extra possessions within easy field goal range it's gonna be tough for the road team to recover. It wasn't the Bolts D that gave the Donks these possessions, it was the officials.

Granted, Cro was getting burned all day by Marshall, which will hopefully shut him up about getting 16 INT's and get him to focus on just making plays, and the Bolts' pass rush was almost non-existent (they really miss Merriman, I think). But the Chargers' D was also suspect in 2006 when PR led comebacks on the road against Cincy (down by 21 at half, won 49-41) and Denver (down 24-7, won 35-27). Either of those games could have ended differently had an official negated even one Charger possession, much less two. The Bolts made the plays they had to to win yesterday, and the D held Denver to 0 pts in the second half and took the ball away twice in the fourth quarter. But the officials negated the game deciding turnover. Even Ed Hoculi and Jay Cutler agree that's what happened.

• Members

Actually...

15 of those 39 points were the result of blown calls by the officials. But in my previous post I didn't mention the first quarter "interception" that couldn't be overruled because the Denver local in charge of setting up the on-field replay booth couldn't make it work when needed. This resulted in a first down for the Donks at the Chargers' 29, led to their first TD of the game a few plays later, and got the crowd involved early (later in the half PR had to take a delay penalty because the Denver crowd was so loud). I don't care which NFL team we're discussing, when you give a home team two extra possessions within easy field goal range it's gonna be tough for the road team to recover. It wasn't the Bolts D that gave the Donks these possessions, it was the officials.

Granted, Cro was getting burned all day by Marshall, which will hopefully shut him up about getting 16 INT's and get him to focus on just making plays, and the Bolts' pass rush was almost non-existent (they really miss Merriman, I think). But the Chargers' D was also suspect in 2006 when PR led comebacks on the road against Cincy (down by 21 at half, won 49-41) and Denver (down 24-7, won 35-27). Either of those games could have ended differently had an official negated even one Charger possession, much less two. The Bolts made the plays they had to to win yesterday, and the D held Denver to 0 pts in the second half and took the ball away twice in the fourth quarter. But the officials negated the game deciding turnover. Even Ed Hoculi and Jay Cutler agree that's what happened.

/thread

• Members

It doesn't matter to you that Denver lit up what is supposed to be a good defensive unit for 39 points? You know, stopping your opponent doesn't necessarily have to do with bad calls from referees. Some of those 39 points were scored before the refs gave them the game.

Again, for the second straight week, SD allowed a game winning drive in the closing minutes of the game.

Keep in mind though that Denver got lit up for 38, not a good sign.

• Moderators
But the officials negated the game deciding turnover. Even Ed Hoculi and Jay Cutler agree that's what happened.

They agree about what happened. What happened was also decided properly by the rulebook. I know it sucks to be a Chargers fan. You're 0-2, but look at the defense. There are plenty of moments within each game that are just as critical as blaming an official for a loss. Maybe Cromartie could have actually provided some coverage instead of stealing his paycheck for a week.

• Moderators
Again, for the second straight week, SD allowed a game winning drive in the closing minutes of the game.

Keep in mind though that Denver got lit up for 38, not a good sign.

Not a good sign for Denver, but they won, so there's no need to point the finger at their defense. I suppose we could argue that their defense sucked, thus it caused Hoculi to be put in the position of making a bad call that gave the Broncos the game. He even went into the San Diego defensive huddle and told them to let Denver score the game-winning touchdown and also make sure to cave on a 2 point conversion. :)

• Members

Hate to tell you this, but that wasn't a for sure overturn. His elbow was touching the grass while the ball was being stripped away. Maybe it was a hose, maybe it wasn't. As I said about the Bears game, the Bears got hosed on a holding call that was basically non-existent thrown by an official who didn't even have the proper viewing angle. That's willy nilly stuff there. Also, it's still only 7 they "gave." Denver still had to score on the takeaway.

They agree about what happened. What happened was also decided properly by the rulebook. I know it sucks to be a Chargers fan. You're 0-2, but look at the defense. There are plenty of moments within each game that are just as critical as blaming an official for a loss. Maybe Cromartie could have actually provided some coverage instead of stealing his paycheck for a week.

this is gonna go on forever,

chargers fans saying the refs gave denver a short field, and u saying "they still had to score"

atleast we all agree that the rams suck nuts?:poke:

Archived