OT: Chargers were robbed

Super_Donut_Man

• Members
you know what? The Bears got hosed on a holding call after Forte ran about 20 yards for a first down. It was a horrible call against Rashied Davis. At absolute best it was a ticky tack call. It cost the Bears a 3 and out which gave Carolina the ball and thus a win. Refs screw things up. If San Diego's defense was any good, Cutler wouldn't have had the ball long enough to worry about it.

:lol:
i understand human error, i give them the benefit of the doubt cause i know its not easy, we see all angles, they see 1

but that only goes so far, if it was just the fuked up replay(or even if it was our own replay system that screwed up) id say ok, {censored} it we had our chance
if it was only the constant holds that went uncalled
if it was only the the "phantom whistle" , alrighty were 0-2

but when they all collide into the cluster {censored} that was this game, i have to put my foot down..... and bitch on the internet

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
:lol:
i understand human error, i give them the benefit of the doubt cause i know its not easy, we see all angles, they see 1

but that only goes so far, if it was just the fuked up replay(or even if it was our own replay system that screwed up) id say ok, {censored} it we had our chance

if it was only the constant holds that went uncalled

if it was only the the "phantom whistle" , alrighty were 0-2

but when they all collide into the cluster {censored} that was this game, i have to put my foot down..... and bitch on the internet

True.

And I must admit, Chargers Defense was terrible... all game.

• Moderators
:facepalm:

As a side note, there were a ridiculous amount of penalties during that game...

No worries. I was just using that crap call on Davis as an example. I'm sure there was some garbage called against Carolina in the first half, but the TV crew was crap, too. I'm not sure what they used as criteria to reply something. As they go to commercial, I'd rather see a replay of a play or a penalty than I would Lovie Smith picking his nose while he was talking to the box upstairs. That officiating crew was pretty weak.

• Members

No worries. I was just using that crap call on Davis as an example. I'm sure there was some garbage called against Carolina in the first half, but the TV crew was crap, too. I'm not sure what they used as criteria to reply something. As they go to commercial, I'd rather see a replay of a play or a penalty than I would Lovie Smith picking his nose while he was talking to the box upstairs. That officiating crew was pretty weak.

Agreed. There were still lots of penalties related to tangible plays too... Chicago getting block in the back penalties 3 punts in a row? Carolina false starting like 3 times in a single drive? I mean what the {censored} guys.

• Members

Haha!!!!!

Well, there were some officiating screwups. I'll give you that. But I've seen so many time the Broncos getting screwed that this one is merely payback.

And quite honestly, I don't think the Chambers catch was a touchdown. neither did Norv, or he wouldn't have rushed the XP team on that fast. ;)

And when it comes down to it, all the Chargers had to do was stop the TD. Or the 2-point conversion. I still can't believe Shanahan went for 2 to win it. :eek:

It was a very entertaining game, and I'm sure BBL will be by shortly to rant as well. :D

But fact is, we have a 2 game lead of the Chargers and Chiefs and spanked the Raiders in week 1. Essentially, a 3 game lead on San Diego with the tie breakers.

[nelson voice]
Ha ha.
[/nelson voice]

;)

I'm off to do the happy dance and have a beer. See ya...................

• Members

Pro football is fixed. You can watch college football for weeks and never see blown calls like they have in the NFL 10 times each Sunday.

Oh so wrong.

Washington/BYU two weeks ago.

I can tell you that Penn State got hosed at least twice a couple of years ago. Remember JoePa getting in that officials face?

How about Colorado getting a 5th down way back when? How about that phantom pass interference call that pretty much gave OSU a national championship?

I'm sure Kashue can find many more examples of horrible officiating in college football. I'll leave the rest for him.

• Members

Oh so wrong.

Washington/BYU two weeks ago.

I can tell you that Penn State got hosed at least twice a couple of years ago. Remember JoePa getting in that officials face?

How about Colorado getting a 5th down way back when? How about that phantom pass interference call that pretty much gave OSU a national championship?

I'm sure Kashue can find many more examples of horrible officiating in college football. I'll leave the rest for him.

Yeah OK two weeks ago yada yada and way back when. It happens every week in pro football in most games. Some games are officiated so poorly you can tell when a certain officiating crew is on the field you're guaranteed to see bad calls.

• Members
I'm a raging Broncos fan, but I'll concede that that was a {censored}ing fumble, no question about it. Chargers got jacked.

Oh well. 2-0.
:D

Great game, but both D's sucked a fat dick in the passing game. If Denver could stop the pass, it would have been another AFC West Massacre...

C7

We've bee on the other end of those calls more times than I can count though. It all evens out. We got lucky this time. :D

And I don't know how bad our pass defense is. Rivers was pinpointing that ball like crazy. Perfect coverage, perfect pass on a lot of those. Although Paymah needs some work. He got used in the nickel.

Both young QB's looked really good.

Archived