o/t my father passed away Sunday

SelenaBassGirl

• Members

He had lung and brain cancer, and was admitted to the hospital ICU on Christmas due to fluid in his lungs. Almost lost him that day, however he hung on.

Then he got a blood clot that traveled to his lung and that is what killed him. He passed away on Sunday morning, about 1 or 2 AM.

He lives in Florida, and I was gonna make plans to go down to see him, but his long time girlfriend said that his wishes were to be cremated and that there wasn't gonna be any services.

I am doing okay to the most part, trying to keep myself busy, but sometimes I stop and realize that he is no longer here, it makes me sad. :cry: I know that he is no longer in pain and is in a better place now...

• Members

Hey - I know you dont know me from a hole in the ground. but My dad (also the only family i ever had) passed away a year ago at this time. There's nothing to say, all the cliche's just suck. It still hurts and it still sucks and i'm not over it and i probably wont ever be. BUT i can tell you the thing that helped me the most was talking about it. a LOT. and writing about it. writing memories of him. talking with friends of mine who loved him, talking to his friends. keeps him alive in my heart.

keep talking and sharing your feelings and memories. and dont be afraid to ask for and accept help.

*HUG*

:(

• Members

I sympathise, and have an idea how you must be feeling. I lost my dad last Nov twelve months and it still seems just like yesterday. It's always heartbreaking to lose a loved one, but at or near Christmas makes it extra hard to cope.

My thoughts are with you.

Archived