o/t my father passed away Sunday

SelenaBassGirl

• Members

thank you all for your kind words. I am sorry to hear about those that also lost family members recently.

All I can do is cherish the memories and know that he is alive in my heart.

Reading these replies put tears in my eyes, but also at the same time, comforted me knowing that there are others out there who care and understand.

Please all, don't forget to tell your loved one that you love them, cause you never know. I was bad about calling him as often as I should, and now I regret it, but I can never change that..All I can do is know that he knows that I loved him and still do..

again, thank you! peace and have a safe New Years!

• CMS Author

thank you all for your kind words. I am sorry to hear about those that also lost family members recently.

All I can do is cherish the memories and know that he is alive in my heart.

Reading these replies put tears in my eyes, but also at the same time, comforted me knowing that there are others out there who care and understand.

Please all, don't forget to tell your loved one that you love them, cause you never know. I was bad about calling him as often as I should, and now I regret it, but I can never change that..All I can do is know that he knows that I loved him and still do..

again, thank you! peace and have a safe New Years!

Hoo-boy, I just saw this thread, and can I ever relate to your words and feelings. My dad passed in early January 2001, lived far away, and I too was less than close with him. He also passed from a series of illnesses that would be difficult at best to beat, so I can readily empathize.

I was "okay" when I learned he passed. Until that evening, when I was alone, and realized that my daddy was gone. I cried like a baby, like I'd never cried before. To this day, merely saying or thinking of the phrase "my daddy is gone" brings me to tears. I figure that sadness and feeling of loss won't ever go away, and I am okay with it. It's proof to myself that I loved him and always will, no matter what transpired in our relationship.

Please accept my heartfelt condolences for your loss.

• Members

Hey - I know you dont know me from a hole in the ground. but My dad (also the only family i ever had) passed away a year ago at this time. There's nothing to say, all the cliche's just suck. It still hurts and it still sucks and i'm not over it and i probably wont ever be. BUT i can tell you the thing that helped me the most was talking about it. a LOT. and writing about it. writing memories of him. talking with friends of mine who loved him, talking to his friends. keeps him alive in my heart.

keep talking and sharing your feelings and memories. and dont be afraid to ask for and accept help.

*HUG*

:(

I couldnt have said it better,

The 25 th anniversary of my Fathers passing was at the begining of December.

I am still not over it.

Archived