OT: Your other favorite hobbies

Armchair Bronco

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
sweet.. I love old BMs, always lusted after a 2002.. or even the ultimate.. 2002ti (was it the Ti? the faster one with the BMW racing stripes?)

There was the 2002ti, the 2002tii (not a typo!), and the 2002 Turbo. You're probably thinking of the Turbo...

1coupe_2.jpg

• Members
There was the 2002ti, the 2002tii (not a typo!), and the 2002 Turbo. You're probably thinking of the Turbo...

1coupe_2.jpg

Oh yeah.. that's the one!! I get confused by all of the similar sounding models..

I know the BM bikes pretty well (especially the GS models), cars..

• Members

Bass

Gaming (Star Wars miniatures mostly, but I dabble in a few other things on occassion, as well as video gaming per my Xbox 360 and computer)

Building computers

Bulding theme parks (per my computer per Roller Coaster Tycoon 3)

Honda's...even though my cars tend to hate me, I love working on cars...preferably Honda/Acura's...my new Integra will be ready tomorrow morning. Today I (with some assistance from my cousin and friends) changed the water pump, timing belt, windshield, front seats, and wheels. If I don't wreck this one (and so help me if I do...I'm going to start driving a frickin big ass monster truck) I plan on getting new wheels, paint, new suspension, and going from there...mmm...Teggy...me-is-excited.

• Members
Honda's...even though my cars tend to hate me, I love working on cars...preferably Honda/Acura's...my new Integra will be ready tomorrow morning. Today I (with some assistance from my cousin and friends) changed the water pump, timing belt, windshield, front seats, and wheels. If I don't wreck this one (and so help me if I do...I'm going to start driving a frickin big ass monster truck) I plan on getting new wheels, paint, new suspension, and going from there...mmm...Teggy...me-is-excited.

:mad:

*declares open war on FWD*

:D

• Members

*declares open war on FWD*

:D

I was considering trying to find an S13 240 SX shell in good condition and drop in the RB26DETT motor (from the Skyline R33/R34 GTR) and have an inline 6 twin-turbo RWD car...that if built can produce upwards of 1350 bhp, and have enough torque to be absolute ridiculous...but decided not to because I couldn't justify 10k+ on a car "just for the heck of it" (or to outrun one of my friends worse than he's ever seen at the strip)

• Members

I collect grains of sand.

Each one is absulutely unique in size and shape and individually fascinating. There are litterally trillions of them, and every one of them fascinates me. I wish I could own them all, but since I cant, I just spend hours, days, sometimes even weeks anlyzing individual grains until I feel I have stumbled on a masteriece of mother nature.

I have seen, probably close to a half million grains by this point in my life, and I can say that I have only seen one that I would consider perfect. It was owned by another collector(yes there are more than one of us) and he mortgaged his house in order to aquire it. Sand grain collecting is like any other hobby. We gas for grains of sand like a musician gasses for gear.

Anyway, that is about all the hobby I have time for. I have almost lost everything three or four times over in my life do to this obscession. I have lost jobs, relationships friends ,even family has disowned me. I dont care. I cant stop it. And I wouldnt if I could. If you could ever know the feeling of finding that perfect grain, you would understand why we do it.

Here is a link to what a perfect specimen looks like...

perfect specimen

• Members
but decided not to because I couldn't justify 10k+ on a car "just for the heck of it" (or to outrun one of my friends worse than he's ever seen at the strip)

Even if you had a 1350 hp 240SX, your buddies in a properly set up supercharged Mustang or Camaro would leave you for dead. They'll be half-way down the dragstrip before your car has even begun to hook up. And that's assuming you don't just blow up your half-shafts and/or transmission on the launch :lol:

• Members

i mostly read. i love to read, mostly twisted {censored} like dean koontz and stephen king, alot of vampire/werewolf stuff, fantasy, like dragons, elves, magic, etc. music of course, and dont you {censored}in laugh or ill ge the death-sticks out :mad:......i like to make latch hook rugs :lol::facepalm:

Archived