OT: Your other favorite hobbies

Armchair Bronco

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I'm not all outdoorsy like the rest of you. My other hobbies are movies, TV and books.

I have recently become a gadget guy too. I like MP3 players and cameras. I'm a lousy photographer, but I like digital cameras and how they work. I like downloading the pics and saving them. If I ever get enough money, I'm gonna pick up a good video camera with a USB. Then when I post YT's, they'll actually be MINE! Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

I'll become the video equivalent of Lug!
:D

You gonna buy a bunch of expensive gear but leave the lens cap on when you shoot: :confused:

my latest "hobby"

demoman.jpg

• Members

Fly-fishing, fresh water and saltwater. Also surfcasting with spinning gear.

dfldrainbow.jpg

deerfieldfallfish.jpg

hunterfly.jpg

100_0451.jpg

I tie saltwater flies too, but can't be bothered with the damn little freshwater flies ;)

clouser3.jpg

29clousers3.jpg

I brew and write about beer

hunterthebrewer.jpg

The Fermented Mind

I coach my daughter's basketball team, like taking photos, gotten back into shooting, play golf, build stone walls, walks and patios, raise blueberries, and a whole bunch of other crap. I've got too many hobbies :D

• Members
I don't have video footage to post, but I'm involved with motorsports (mostly instructing at BMW, Porsche, and Audi track events) and I shoot competitively...

2008-08-10-2953.jpg

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Either you're the stig....

or...

....you.... trained..... the..... sti-sti-sti-stiiig......

:eek::eek::eek:

*backs away in fear*

• Members

i collect various instruments and play some of them. only bass and trombone with any proficiency.

i am a full time student so i haven't bought anything in a while. unless trombone mutes count.

i suck at photography but have a decent camera and a mac to help some of my photos.

is analyzing and critiquing musical compositions my hobby or my homework? it is starting to become unclear lately:o

• Members
So then I take it that you're either a big Black dude, or a tiny Asian girl, right?

:D

Nope! White boy but I have played with and against some great black hockey players. One was a goalie who won championships with whatever team he joined at the time, including men's "A" leagues. :thu:

• Members
Nice. Here's a few pics from last years excursion through the hills of Squamish BC.

n532755415_3049972_3566.jpg

n532755415_3049987_8154.jpg

n532755415_3049990_9117.jpg

n532755415_3050010_5999.jpg

My racing days are long behind me, but I still have fun some times when I can.

Unbelievable trails around Squamish. I'm going to spend more time in that area next time I'm out there. The pic you quoted is from just up the 99 from Squamish, in MTB mecca (A.K.A Whistler).

• Members
Unbelievable trails around Squamish. I'm going to spend more time in that area next time I'm out there. The pic you quoted is from just up the 99 from Squamish, in MTB mecca (A.K.A Whistler).

I may have rode that trail, it did look somewhat familiar. :cool:

• Members
Either you're the stig....or....you.... trained..... the..... sti-sti-sti-stiiig......

Yeah, that was one of my students that weekend. He caught a lot of crap about his "Stig Helmet." I don't think you can get away with a Simpson Bandit helmet with "Blue Blocker" visor anymore. Just like the guys with the "rookie red" Nomex suits get crap for being M. Shumacher wannabes :cop:

Archived