My Neighbor is a Selfish Jerk

Phantasm

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Revenge is a dish best served cold. Bide your time. Make your plans carefully. Wait it out. Then sting his ass. Dont revel in it. Dont gloat, dont brag, dont tell a soul. Someimes Karma needs a push. I would definitely NOT let this lie, but I an not one of those turn the other cheek guys. I am one of those people that will leave you alone and never {censored} with you for a thousand years if you never do anything to me. I have a fuse a mile long and it is almost impossible to light. But once it is lit, the explosion is not going to be pretty and you will not know it is coming. This tree episode would have done the job of lighting that fuse. I reccomend you remain calm, be smart, and take "appropriate action".

• Members

Okay, it's pretty clear that he's not poisoning the tree any more. I just went next door and asked him if he could remove the ladder from the tree, and he smiled and said he would do that right away. He said he wanted to trim more branches and i told him that was okay, but please do not trim past the property line.

He's untying the ladder as I type this.

• Members

Okay, it's pretty clear that he's not poisoning the tree any more. I just went next door and asked him if he could remove the ladder from the tree, and he smiled and said he would do that right away. He said he wanted to trim more branches and i told him that was okay, but please do not trim past the property line.

He's untying the ladder as I type this.

Well that's good. I had horrible neighbour issues and rode it out. Now he's building a fence for me for free. Kill 'em with kindness I always say.

• Members
Yes, I know them well. I'd challenge them to produce the tape. I had this happen a couple years ago with Sprint. I bought 2 phones at Radio Shack, and they did the authorization over the phone from the store...sales guy handed me the receiver to talk with the Sprint rep., who told me the conversation would be recorded and we proceeded from there.

Anyway, the phones crapped out right away, and I got major runaround from Sprint. So I cancelled the contract. I was then informed that I had TWO contracts, and owed them TWO $175 early-termination fees. I asked them where it stated that I had ANY contract with Sprint, and to produce two contracts with my signature. They told me, "You agreed to the terms on the phone". I said, "I was never told about a contract, let alone two, or told about early termination (I really wasn't), by all means play me back the tape to prove it and I'll happily pay." The supervisor then admitted they don't actually record anything at all, and dropped the issue and cancelled the charges.
:thu:

This is not always the case. I worked for a company that did customer service for Verizon Wireless, and our system was set up to record every portion of every call that came into our call center. They could also record outbound on a call by call basis. The trick is that with over the phone contracts (at least with verizon) they are REQUIRED to either mail you a contract to sign, or go over a generally scripted disclosure and THEN send you to a recording that you have to push a button to accept at the end.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

^^^^^ :poke:

Parts of it are trying to turn green. All hope is not yet lost!

My brother has an Olive tree in his back yard, huge. So it was not doing so well, so he had a tree expert come out. He said, "oh yeah that thing is dead, its not comming back, might as well cut it down and plant a new one." This is because the owner before him had paid some guy to trim it, and he butchered it pretty bad, aparantly

So about a month ago, he had someone trim it back and cut off some of the dead branches, and booyah, its making its way back. So not all hope is lost. I would get a second opinion on the tree :idk:.

• Members

I think that the tree could use some careful trimming. I've been thinking about calling someone to do it.

The neighbor took the ladder down from the tree and hasn't touched it since. The cameras are likely deterring him. The tree is trying its hardest to turn green and there is some green growth now. It would be a really big boost if the tree would just get leaves again and live... as life would suck a lot less than expected right now!

• Members

Wow. This neighbor needs to be harassed with a thousand small bites for the rest of his life.

Btw, if you are looking for a seriously PITA tree, see if you can plant this on his side of the fence line.

Granted, the {censored}er will send vine-based root systems into your yard, too, but it stinks like hell on removal and grows damn fast in the spring. Even after yanking yards of root system, I could not eliminate it from my yard in Virginia (thanks to stumps I didn't have the tools to remove). It will produce years of fun watching your neighbor deal with it. :D

Archived