My Neighbor is a Selfish Jerk

Phantasm

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, the problem is, if you heavily salt his land, wouldn't that kind of draw attention?

'What the hell are you doing on my property?'

'Er... just sowing salt, never mind me!'

'Oh, alright then. Want a cup of tea while you're at it?'

• Members

Yeah, the problem is, if you heavily salt his land, wouldn't that kind of draw attention?

'What the hell are you doing on my property?'

'Er... just sowing salt, never mind me!'

'Oh, alright then. Want a cup of tea while you're at it?'

Don't be ridiculous. No one drinks tea in Nawlins.

• Members

Thanks for the support, guys. It means a lot and it takes the sting off of "Treegate 2009-10."

Believe it or not, $2300 was the lowest price I was able to get for a bonded with workmans comp tree service. Some people wanted up to $8000!

All told it took 3 1/2 hours to completely remove the tree and grind the stump. Pretty good money if you have the skill, I suppose.

The guys in the band were pretty bummed too - $2300 would buy two more subs, front lighting, and a few more compressors for FOH on the PA. That's what I was looking at spending it on, at least.

• Members

Don't be ridiculous. No one drinks tea in Nawlins.

Oh right, yeah... that's just what would happen over here :D

(seriously, I've been living here for about 4 years now and if one stereotype about the British is to be believed, it's the whole tea thing. I've become a massive tea drinker purely through osmosis.)

As for the tree... well... is there any realistic way of recouping the cash?

• Members

Other than karma, no. (per the police.)

I'd say you could process the wood and sell it for firewood, but based on location, I don't know that there's a huge market for that. Heck even in a good market you wouldn't get anywhere near what it cost to cut it.

Depending one how the tree was cut down/chopped up, it'd be cool to resaw everything into planks or turning blanks and make some furniture out of it.

Again though, this would in no way give you a positive return on investment, unless you already had the lumber mill, a kiln, and the ability to make some really kick @$$ furniture....

:poke:

It would be nice to just have a piece of the tree made into something useful though. That way you can't say it's a TOTAL loss.

That, or just use the wood to have a MASSIVE bonfire. Invite lots of loud people, set up a live band, lots of alcohol, and make sure your neighbor is home for the festivities... around 2 or 3 AM. :lol:

Archived