Stupid: When free nations give up free speech.

philthygeezer

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

All this talk about me has swelled my ego immensely. Problem is, I shoved it in a hole in the wall while I read this thread, hoping someone would stroke it, and now it's so engorged that I can't get it out and I'm thinking about calling the fire department. I can't even rub it to relieve the pressure, though it does feel sorta nice to tickle my taint and finger my asshole, because that's all I'm left with at this point.

Would one of you guys do me a favor, and go on the other side of the wall and give me a hand with this thing? Decide amongst yourselves who you think should suck it. My ego, I mean. :D

C7

IMG_0003.jpg

• Members

To my point though, this thread has quite serendipitously evolved into a situation that involves the suppression of free speech.

If enough people came out of the woodwork and said "I am offended" by a particular thing, my guess is that speech would in some way be censored.

Isn't that how it works?

• Members
To my point though, this thread has quite serendipitously evolved into a situation that involves the suppression of free speech.

If enough people came out of the woodwork and said "I am offended" by a particular thing, my guess is that speech would in some way be censored.

Isn't that how it works?

I wouldn't call that censorship per se. IMO censorship occurs when a group arbitrarily decides to sequester the speech of a person or other group, like Tipper Gore and The Slutty Whores did back in the day. They decided what was offensive and took action to stop it.

I recall that "censorship" was a much bigger deal back in the 90's, it was a catchword of that era. Hehe...I just referred to my teenage life as an "era". I'm getting old or something.:D
C7

• Members

Here's the thread OP. What type of resolution could "absolutely" be made out of this thread? Would it be binding and spread gigantemous HCBF love to all the world?

Why is this not surprising?

Let me break it down for you. If this forum wasn't filled with territorial argumentative blowhards, the whole situation with HC could have been resolved without the name calling. This was what I was referring to when I said that there could have been a resolution. Of course then someone will undoubtedly come back with the "Well he started it" defense. To which I would reply "quit acting like a 9 year old and move on". The internet, contrary to popular belief, is not serious business.

• Members
Why is this not surprising?

Let me break it down for you. If this forum wasn't filled with territorial argumentative blowhards, the whole situation with HC could have been resolved without the name calling. This was what I was referring to when I said that there could have been a resolution. Of course then someone will undoubtedly come back with the
"Well he started it"
defense. To which I would reply "quit acting like a 9 year old and move on". The internet, contrary to popular belief, is not serious business.

Has someone been taking their TCT training? ? ? :D:thu:

• Members

It's easy to see why you're on the 12 year college plan.

Seems a bit lopsided in the insult department if you ask me. Of course I do find it funny how HC was here 5 minutes and already had you pegged:lol:

Is this supposed to be news?

Based on your overall participation in the forum I thought you could use a reminder.

Archived