Stupid: When free nations give up free speech.

philthygeezer

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As far as Britain goes...

v-for-vendetta.jpg

sigh... more innuendo and bluster but nothing of substance to back it up, just like the republican party. but I guess "nothing" also counts as free speech, eh Thudmaker?
:idea:

Reported for a vile attack on my political affiliation.

Have a nice day. :wave:

• Members

PCism is a liberal disease that has always sucked hard - funny thing is, the very people behind it will usually proclaim their support for freedom of speech - 'til you say something they disagree with, that is...

- georgestrings

Nah, I know a few neo-cons that flip their {censored} if you tell a Jesus joke. I do agree that the PC movement has kept its momentum because of liberal pacifism though. Sucks.

• Members

PC is a form of authoritarism, resulting from too much regulation. It isn't linked to the Liberals. You can find as much of it on left and right.

Truth...I'm a liberal and I really wish the whole PC movement would go die in a fire. It's like many other things in this world...a good idea when it started...now just taken way too far.

• Members

I hate hippies just as much as you George, but...

Yes, that's exactly how it is in the US.
:p

As with Kindness, I disagree - for quite some time now, the vast majority of PCism has been employed by the left... Sure, there are examples coming from the right, but FAR more often that not, it's coming from the left...

- georgestrings

• Moderators

As with Kindness, I disagree - for quite some time now, the vast majority of PCism has been employed by the left... Sure, there are examples coming from the right, but FAR more often that not, it's coming from the left...

- georgestrings

But if that's true, is it because the left really does it more, or because the right makes such a big deal out of it?

I'm not making any claims here, just wondering.

• Members

- georgestrings

I see it a ton in my kids' schools and they're generally run by folks on the left. Some of it I agree with (coming down on bullying, name-calling, etc), but there are so many problems in our public school system that I attribute to the PC (Pussification of Children) movement...

Not being able to hold kids back is absolutely ridiculous to me, no dodgeball, no scorekeeping in sports until Jr High, ELL (English Language Learners) taking up class time and focus, no kickball, kids don't pick teams anymore, NCLB (right-wing PC!!!), no more sugar snacks for birthdays, no more candy in Valentines, "holiday" parties... On and on.

Kills me sometimes.

Archived