Well, I'm done being a gear whoring douche.

Cliff Fiscal

• Members

if it's universal, as in - all of the strings are still too high when the saddles are all the way down, you can either shim the neck (i would suggest a business card for starters), or you can ever-so-slightly recess the bridge into the body (with a router).

This is also assuming that he's properly set the neck relief... A neck *could* appear to need shimming, when all it really needs is a little less relief...

- georgestrings

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

assuming that the bass is properly set up otherwise, i'd say yeah. stick a business card (or playing card) under the heel of the neck. make sure it's something that will shim the whole neck and not just one end or the other. and go slow with how much you shim. it doesn't take much to make a big difference.

:)

I setup the bass a while ago, and just checked everything last night.

At least I can put ONE of my business cards to good use. :D

• Members

shim that sucka up. its pretty easy and has worked for me every time ive had that problem.

whats the neck like on that peavey 5er?

It's really nice actually. Satin finish and fairly thin "D" shape.

Very comfortable to play for a long period of time.

I normally dig fatter necks........baseball bat type necks....but they're too fatiguing on my hand.

• Members

Welcome to the wonderful world of Peavey! :thu: I actually have this version of the Modulus;

100_0748.jpg

My main bass is a Peavey TL-6, the Modulus is its backup. If the Millineum is close to the TL series, and I have heard it is, trust me you are not missing a thing.

• Members
100_0754.jpg

Here are all my sixers. 3 TL-6's, the Modulus, Carvin LB-76, and a Peavey Axcelerator. The neck on the TL-6 is wider I am sure then yours, but extremely comfortable. I do have a couple of TL-5's, which are probably closer to your Milleneum, but sorry I don't have any specs. Here is a closer look at one of the TL-6's;

P1010085.jpg

P1010088.jpg

• Members

I've also got a Audere JZ3 preamp I need to unload....

We can talk trades if it's the right model. I need one for my project build that the RB950 is being sold off to help finance. Hit me with a pic and a price. I'm willing to take cash off the Ibby if you have some parts that help get me where I want to be.

• Members
:eekphil:

Great Googley Moogely!!!

I really like that Red one!!!

Thats the Axcelerator. great bass, terrific tone. The B string is a little more floppy the TL-6 or Modulus but I would have no problem gigging it anywhere. Oh and $275.00 off of CL. :thu:

• Members

It's practically brand new. It's a drop in replacement for a Fender Jazz control plate.

Z-mode Jazz Pre - Vol, Mid/Bal, Tre/Bass (JZ3-VB-3B)

Volume, Mid/Balance stack, Treble/Bass stack, Output Jack.

I could do $120 shipped and paypal'd.

PM sent.

Archived