Is there a sticky/FAQ thread about what the heck happened to HCBF in recent months?

Ace Of Bass

• Members

This forum is clearly not the same as when I signed up.

I've done some searching and it seems there was an upgrade and then a reversal, but I really don't get why everyone I knew seems to be gone. Is the whole thing explained in detail somewhere?

If not....should there be, because a lot of people seem to ask this question.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This forum is clearly not the same as when I signed up.

I've done some searching and it seems there was an upgrade and then a reversal, but I really don't get why everyone I knew seems to be gone. Is the whole thing explained in detail somewhere?

If not....should there be, because a lot of people seem to ask this question.

a lot of em are hanging out at ebassist.com now. :wave:

• Members

People didn't like the upgrade. and no one ever wanted it and said so.

But MC didn't listen and went ahead and did it anyway.

So people left because they didn't listen and the software was horrid.

So they changed it back temporarily. And had this format and the new format. no one used the new format so I think they decided to keep this one.

That's my take anyway

People made homes in other forums and seem happy there.

Musician central and e bassist are the main places they seem to have gone to.

• Members

"Marketing is no longer about how big your budget is or how many print ads you have," said Dave Hersh, CEO, Jive Software. "Harmony Central is a fantastic example of how a company empowers its customers to become its biggest promoters."

Harmony Central evaluated many vendors and selected Jive SBS for several reasons:

Jive's ease of use and rich and engaging experience;

Jive's leading social features and capabilities; and

Proven scalability with other large enterprise sites.

By leveraging the power of Jive Social Business Software (SBS), which combines the best features of social networking and community software, Harmony Central is allowing its customers to become its greatest advocates.

March 2009 Jive press release

:thu:

• Members

HCBF has simply come to the end of one cycle after the "purge", and is starting another. The old cliques have moved on to other forums, the threads are currently much more on-topic, and there lots of newbs. Eventually folks will get chummy/hostile with each other again, the threads will again be mostly OT, something will happen to purge the forum, and it'll start all over again.

• Members

HCBF has simply come to the end of one cycle after the "purge", and is starting another. The old cliques have moved on to other forums, the threads are currently much more on-topic, and there lots of newbs. Eventually folks will get chummy/hostile with each other again, the threads will again be mostly OT, something will happen to purge the forum, and it'll start all over again.

+10000000

• Moderators

It shouldn't take too long for the forum to evolve into a more interesting place than it is today.

• Members

oh, i think it could take a lot longer than you think.

the bottom-most post on the front page is 3 days old. in the 'olden days' that post would be 3 hours old.

now, the most members on-line is maybe 5 or 6.

HCBF has been a ghost town since the upgrade.

the Guitar Forum has jumped right back up to its old activity, but the bassists fled and never came back. even loki's site has gone quiet.

ebassist has picked up its activity.

• Members

It suuuuuuuuuure is quiet around here nowadays. It's a shame; time was, HCBF was a place to come as a refuge from the crazy. Then it seems it became a place to come for the crazy, and now it's almost deserted. May it rise again someday...

• Members

It suuuuuuuuuure is quiet around here nowadays. It's a shame; time was, HCBF was a place to come as a refuge from the crazy. Then it seems it became a place to come for the crazy, and now it's almost deserted. May it rise again someday...

Think of it now as still a place to come as a refuge from the crazy but with an extra helping of Thorazine!

• Members

While I agree it's very quiet around here and it would be nice to have more activity, am I alone in not missing the old HC ?

When Kindness says "it should not take long to evolve into a more interesting place", I hope he does not mean back to the way it was before all the upheaval.

Just my 2 cents worth. :)

• Members

There is something to be said for this.

I'm just not sure if it's something certain people really want to hear.

But I'm okay with that.

I'm actually pretty easy to get along with if people aren't looking to gun for me or rile me up.

I'd say that's probably true of most people.

• Members

There is something to be said for this.

There sure is. I am very glad all the cliques moved on. They can still be found, I even read ebassist, but this place needed them gone. Too many people who were here did nothing but complain and rip HCBF down. The time was right for a flush. I want this place to regrow into something better than it was. T. Alan is right in that it used to be great, but got kind of stagnant and negative from members who really needed to move on. Now that that's out of the way, we've got a chance for a great forum.:thu:

• Members

It shouldn't take too long for the forum to evolve into a more interesting place than it is today.

I wish I had seen this post before my weekend of binge drinking.

edit -- ah {censored}, almost forgot about my 20k... goes off to delete a post

Archived