Is there a sticky/FAQ thread about what the heck happened to HCBF in recent months?

Ace Of Bass

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I'm sure Musician's Friend disagrees, since the number of viewers for the ads on this site plummeted that day. The forum changeover cost them a {censored} ton of money and then they didn't use it anyway.

I'm sure no one here gives a sh-- what Musician's Friend thinks. Some "friend"... :facepalm: They did not give a sh-- about the 95% or so, of people who said they did not want the new set up in the first place. They have only themselves to blame.

• Members
I miss the HCBF of the early thru mid 2000's. The HCBF just prior the the f-up, I was like, "huh"?

+1. I joined under a different moniker in Sept 2001, and the forum helped me get through the days at a job that was pretty joyless. I left around 06 or 07 I think, and when I'd check back in things seemed a bit weird. When I came back again and saw v2.0, I figured it was done.

I think this place can become a great forum again. Some of the best members are still here :cool:

• Members

Guys, a gentle reminder---the forum rules about name-calling apply to mod-bashing, too. People may not have much use for certain individuals, but please keep the comments civil.

Better yet, save the abuse for the Annual Insult Thumper Thread. Look for it in November. :wave:

• Members
Wait, did my post get deleted for something? Because I'm pretty sure I didn't call anyone an ass.

Yes, it appears that it did, since someone quoted me. Nice job guys, that's the way to get things moving here.

I posted in a thread earlier today and it appears my post and several on the same subject are all deleted, too... What is going on? Is there an overzealous mod that is editing posts that are not agreeable? :confused:

• Members
Maybe they don't want another {censored} storm?

Several people commented that they miss a certain banned forumite and I posted a you tube on the same subject and it is all gone now... At least I think it is since HC has no usable search.:confused: Maybe any reference to a banned member is illegal, cause even what a mod posted about him is gone, too... The whole series. I smell weak sauce.. :idea:

• Members

Wait, did my post get deleted for something? Because I'm pretty sure I didn't call anyone an ass.

Yes, it appears that it did, since someone quoted me. Nice job guys, that's the way to get things moving here.

The funny thing is that the deletion answers the original question better than anything else. So....ebassist?

• Members
Yeah really the vid is gone...I am not keen on mod bashing, but that does seem a bit over the top...

Calling a mod an ass is assking for it though

I didn't call anyone anything, but i guess I was in teh series of post so i guess the whole thing had to go for the sake of continuity... :wave:

(I better shut up before I get banned for something I knew nothing about!!!) :idea:

• Members

I miss the HCBF of the early thru mid 2000's. The HCBF just prior the the f-up, I was like, "huh"?

Matt sums it up nicely, imo.

Right before the 2.0 Holocaust, there was a marked rise in uncivil behavior, name-calling, and overall haterism. That, combined with 2.0, nearly did HCBF in.

I like the direction the forum is heading right now---old members are coming back, and the discourse is much more civil. We're even seeing new members come on board.

My two cents.

• Moderators

All I know is that it wasn't me. That's why I asked for clarification from Thumper as to what or who was a bit over the top. I can understand the point of trying to get it back to some sort of smooth bass player pub atmosphere that it used to be like. Personally, I also didn't think the "mod incident" was the beginning of the end for HCBF or an accelerant to the "haterism." If anything, it gave the HCBF a chance to be galvanized. At least some of the avatars were awesome. The board was getting trolled too much by at least one individual, and while some of it was entertaining, you know what they say about too much of a good thing. This forum also took the switch to 2.0 much harder than other forums here.

I don't have a problem with what's going on here right now. Kindness is correct. Eventually this place will replenish itself. It won't ever be the same as it was many years ago. Nothing ever is, but it's up to the folks hanging around here to help out the noobs asking gear questions and of course the long-termers getting along. What's in the past is in the past and all one can really do about it is laugh at the whole thing blowing up. Look at it as a unique way of "thinning the herd.":lol:

• Members

All I know is that it wasn't me. That's why I asked for clarification from Thumper as to what or who was a bit over the top. I can understand the point of trying to get it back to some sort of smooth bass player pub atmosphere that it used to be like. Personally, I also didn't think the "mod incident" was the beginning of the end for HCBF or an accelerant to the "haterism." If anything, it gave the HCBF a chance to be galvanized. At least some of the avatars were awesome. The board was getting trolled too much by at least one individual, and while some of it was entertaining, you know what they say about too much of a good thing. This forum also took the switch to 2.0 much harder than other forums here.

I don't have a problem with what's going on here right now. Kindness is correct. Eventually this place will replenish itself. It won't ever be the same as it was many years ago. Nothing ever is, but it's up to the folks hanging around here to help out the noobs asking gear questions and of course the long-termers getting along. What's in the past is in the past and all one can really do about it is laugh at the whole thing blowing up. Look at it as a unique way of "thinning the herd.":lol:

Well put

• Members

i thought the mods were 'pompous asses'?

:cop:

just askin'

:facepalm:

actually there was one rather incendiary comment posted, which i am not surprised was removed.

the joyful chaos of pre-change HCBF, when it was made known that all posts would be eliminated, changed over into anarchy. without you-know-who here to constantly re-light that fuse, it could return to its glory days.

Archived