Let's See Those Amps!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Cool....
:thu:
Looking forward to the Champ Pics.

Looks like you have a great resource for chassis donors.

Here is a shot of the little guy I snapped outside the office.

2960497220103247625S600x600Q85.jpg

The cabinet is a bit rough, but it does what its supposed to. This is becoming my favorite amp for small room, duo-trio type gigs. I run it through my Carvin 1x12 cabinet.

• Members
Here is a shot of the little guy I snapped outside the office.

The cabinet is a bit rough, but it does what its supposed to. This is becoming my favorite amp for small room, duo-trio type gigs. I run it through my Carvin 1x12 cabinet.

Looks good Rupert. :thu:

The 8" speaker used in the combo is way too small and doesn't do this little amp justice. Building it as a head is a good idea and gives you some flexability.

I built mine as a combo but I used a 10" Alnico with it which was a big improvement, but the Champ sounds pretty big through a 12".

• Members

Amps-Mar08.jpg

Engl Savage 120 w/ Z-7 MIDI interface and DMC Ground Control MIDI flooboard on Ampeg V-412TL cabinet loaded with 2 Celestion Classic Lead 80s and 2 WGS British Lead 12s (CL80 clones) in an X pattern.

VHT Deliverance 60 on Veretone 4x12 cabinet loaded with 2 VHT/Eminence P50Es (I bought 4, used, but when they arrived, 2 were destroyed in shipping. I've been too broke to replace them, since after I got a refund on the damaged speakers, I had to put that money toward other stuff).

They're two very different amps that I like a lot of the same things about. Both are very tight, punchy, and clear with a lot of gain. The Engl has 4 channels, 6 footswitchable functions, and is MIDI controllable with the external interface, and about a million features. It has way more gain than anyone should ever need, and is still very articulate.

The VHT doesn't have as much gain as the Engl, and is a single channel amp, with nothing footswitchable at all, and doesn't even have an FX loop...very simple layout. I usually use a modified DOD YJM308 as a clean boost...it's usable for metal without, but the boost just gives it that extra little bit. It's nice to have something that I can set up really quickly for certain shows...just a couple things to plug in, as opposed to the Engl, where I would normally be plugging in at least 2 other cables. The VHT is super picky about guitars and pickups, though, and unfortunately doesn't get along well with all of my guitars. The ones that work well with it, though, generally sound AWESOME with it, so it's worth it. :thu:

They sound great mixed together, too...I just wish I had a way to split the signal and use them together...as well as a vehicle that could transport everything at once! :lol:

• Members

i'm broke
:cry:

and like i said, my car is too small to fit it all at once, and i don't currently have a place where i can crank up loud anyway.

:cry: I feel ya on being broke, AND having a small car. I can't even fit one cab in it :cry:

• Members

Let me get this straight.......you have two half stack type amps yet you haul your gear around in a car??

yeah....i only use one at a time, got the car for essentially free, and can't afford a second vehicle :p (even if i could afford one, the gas costs on a van or SUV would suck so much more than they already do :mad: ...i think i'd rather stick with my Maxima :thu:)

• Members

Here is my new amp. I currently play in a 60s and 70s cover band. I wanted a very classic sound and that is what I get with the Fender Super-Sonic.

I use a Fulltone Fulldrive2, Fulltone OCD, Keeley 2 knob Compressor, Fulltone ChoralFlange and Fulltone Clyde Deluxe wah.

5219-300.jpg

Max

Archived