Let's See Those Amps!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No pics. 'S okay, as most of my amps are older than photography itself.

Basses run through a Peavey TNT 130 (15"), with highs crossed to an Acoustic 140 head, then an Earth Acoustics 4x12 in-line array.

Baritone: Peavey TKO 115 (15") and Electro-Harmonix Freedom (battery-powered 8"). I usually split the signal at the chorus pedal, with chorus and 'verb going only to the wee amp. Or I use my Yamaha G100 212-II (2x12)

Acoustics or mando usually run through the PA, though my FG-150 sounds sweet with a sound-hole pickup into my Peavey KB/A 30.

Electrics through the Yammie or a Crate GLX 65.

I also have on long-term loan a Peavey KB300, a beast to lug but with good tone and range. Keys player runs his Korg and Rhodes through that, usually.

• Members

I have in my collection a peavey classic 50 head, a Line6 HD147 head, and a Mesa Boogie 50 cal + head. For the 60s - 70s band I am playing in now I use the Mesa Boogie head because I reallly like the Fender like clean tone.

The Line6 was great for my originals hard rock band, but I have since quit that band.

I was using the Classic 50 for the 60's - 70's band until I bought the Mesa Boogie.

Max

i miss my .50 cal + :cry:

• Members

Tech 21 Trademark 60 - used to use it exclusively for gig but now practice - as it is has become unreliable and back at Tech 21 right now to see whats wrong

I'd be interested to know how that works out. I'd like to know how they are about sending the service pack. Some places have no problem doing it while others get all huffy about it.

• Members

The one that got away: a 1980 Marshall JCM800 50W head... sounded friggin' amazing. I bought it after playing one chord through it. When I sold it (needed money) the guy who bought it played one chord through it and said "how much?"

Here's the one I still have, with the guitar I play most often. The guitar is a '67 Epiphone Olympic Single with a Duncan Hot Stack in it. Instant Angus Young type sound. Gotta love the mahogany body and glued-in mahogany neck. I replaced the original "out-of-tune-o-matic" with this excellent bridge I found at NAMM last year. This guitar played out of tune (particularly on the G) between 1967 and 2007. Now it's right on!

The amp is a '71 Princeton with a 12" Celestion in it. 12 Watts of totally awesome tone. This is a great practice/recording amp. Can't hang with drums unless miked, of course.

Edit: since I can't get the damn image to load like a normal forumite, here's a link. Sorry.

http://api.ning.com/files/r9BJVFwDOhQo*oyAbuczElRDsVqnRekspcZMoxKkXSk_/Epi_Princeton.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I have been working on converting the storage room in my garage into my man cave/music room.

I piled a good bit of my gear, in there, and a photo op for this thread came to mind.

The only thing missing, that I regularly use, is my Fatar 88-key controller (It's in the band trailer).

Peavey Classic 30 modded with JJ power tubes, and an Electro-Voice EVM 12. That speaker turned this amp into a monster.

Underneath that, is a Rivera M100 amp, with a matching 1x12 cab that has a brand-spankin' new Celestion Vintage 30 speaker.

The guitars are an Ibanez SZ520, that I just love, and my trusty MIM Frankenstrat (I am guessing a `94...it used to have a "40th anniverary of the Strat" pin on the headstock) w/pearloid pickguard, graphite saddles, Gibson 490T, Duncan Cool Rail, and Vintage Rail pickups, chrome knobs.

You've caught it unstrung, because of my laziness(it's been like that for weeks, now).

At the base of my folded up treadmill in the corner, are some stomp boxes. Maxon OD9, Ibanez Smash Box, PH5 phaser, and DE-7 echo/delay, and Boss Super Chorus. There is a Morley Alligator volume pedal underneath there, somewhere.

Moving over,there is a Yamaha Motif ES6, an Ensoniq TS10 w/ sprung C6 key, and an extremely battered Korg Triton.

Hiding behind the keys are a pair of Yamaha S115IV speakers, that are still going strong even after ten years of abuse.

On top of those cabs are a pair of Electro-Voice SX-100 speakers, and perched at the top of this tower of power is my Mackie 808M powered mixer (yes I have used all of them as my backline, a couple of times :freak:).

gear.jpg

• Members

cab2.JPG

my Bogner 101B on a 1960A ("uberkab" style; 2 v30s & 2 G75-Ts). Live I run a G Major in the loop.

I had to sell my TSL head, a beautiful American Tele, and a Wolfgang to buy the Bogner...but it was worth it :thu:

• Members

mcheads.jpg

Both running at half power (60w), run via a preamp switcher (RJM RG-16) into my FX rack, then out in stereo to the two power stages and out to 1 (in stereo) or 2 (in mono) 4x12 cabs. This is my rig with my metal band, Fallen Angel. With my prog band, Voyager Project, I plug straight into my Digitech GSP1101, which feeds the FX returns of two Laney LC15R combos for onstage monitoring, and the XLR outputs go straight to the PA. I know which rig I prefer setting up :D

• Members

BassStack.jpg

This is my bass rig I use with Middian.

I don't have a pic yet, but I'm running an Acoustic G100T on top of an Acoustic 404 6x12 with Wolves In The Throne Room. When I get rid of some other gear, I'm going to switch the cabs to two Emperor 4x12's ,most likely.

And then, I also have:

Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

Acoustic 230

Acoustic 104 6x10

Matamp Black 4x12

Ampeg V-4 4X12

Peavey 2x15

Peavey Mark III Musician

Kustom 200

Silvertone 1484 Twin Twelve

Archived