Official "Post Your Video" Thread

Potts

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by toddkuen

View Post

Original band that broke up in 2011 (but we play a reunion show next week). Mix was done by the kids that shot the video off the board so its not great.

One I co-wrote. Same band, tripod camcorder, sound was a pair of mics at the back recording house sound.

Todd... enjoyed both of these. Nice jams!

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAXKgnHwwXw

Us playing to an empty bar on the Friday of Canada Day long weekend. We took a gamble and lost - seems many people were out of town as the whole downtown area was a ghost town.

I still feel we are just starting out (we only have a handful of shows under our belt) but seeing these makes me realize how much we have to work on our stage presentation. facepalm.gif

Hard to keep the energy up in an empty room mind you (which is why I got a little retarded at the end of the night) but still .

Sorry for the abrupt ending... I didn't think about an ending title screen. biggrin.gif

• Members

It's tough. We've all been there. I remember doing a 3 nighter, the Friday was Halloween. So Saturday was deeeeeeaaaaaaaad. I remember our guitar player getting all pissy about a song that we always used to end with. He didn't want to play it because "it reminded him of a girl, and someday a girl will ruin a song for me"

I was like "what? We always end with this song"

But like I said, he was being a bitch about it for some reason. So I was pissed off as well. About 3/4 of the way through I broke a string. I looked around and thought "man, there's not enough people to smash a guitar" so I ceremoniously ripped all the other 5 strings off one by one and chugged my beer. Then the song was over.

If it hada been a full house, I would no longer own that guitar.

biggrin.gif

facepalm.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by StratGuy22

View Post

It's tough. We've all been there. I remember doing a 3 nighter, the Friday was Halloween. So Saturday was deeeeeeaaaaaaaad. I remember our guitar player getting all pissy about a song that we always used to end with. He didn't want to play it because "it reminded him of a girl, and someday a girl will ruin a song for me"

I was like "what? We always end with this song"

But like I said, he was being a bitch about it for some reason. So I was pissed off as well. About 3/4 of the way through I broke a string. I looked around and thought "man, there's not enough people to smash a guitar" so I ceremoniously ripped all the other 5 strings off one by one and chugged my beer. Then the song was over.

If it hada been a full house, I would no longer own that guitar.

biggrin.gif

facepalm.gif

LOL!

• Members

I love that there are ALOT of ladies in these videos. I'm the one of very very few women who gig alot in town.

Here's MOI circa January 2011

Excuse the quality, recorded with a TERRIBLE handheld camera. My guitar doesn't normally sound like a {censored}ty banjo.

Don't hate on the ending of this, it was the VERY last song of the night, and I didn't know at the time that I was "pulling chest" with my vocals.

• Members

I love that there are ALOT of ladies in these videos. I'm the one of very very few women who gig alot in town.

Excuse the quality, recorded with a TERRIBLE handheld camera. My guitar doesn't normally sound like a {censored}ty banjo.

Don't hate on the ending of this, it was the VERY last song of the night, and I didn't know at the time that I was "pulling chest" with my vocals.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by sologrrl

View Post

Great job!

You need to get a band. You did a really impressive job vocal wise. But I feel that that guitar is not really up to the vocal standard... You would shine so much more if backed up by some good musicians!

I play in a Soul covers act here in Portugal, female singer, and we do those 2 songs so I know them well.

Again, impressive job!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by sologrrl

View Post

My friend, you rock! Nice.

• Members

All right, time to take the plunge into the deep end. Here's vid of a corporate Xmas party we did in 2009. We had a good run with this client and traveled all over BC for three Xmas seasons doing their parties. At this one I gave the camera to one of the band "friends" named Rosie and what was on the Mini DV tape was quite the collage so some very, very creative editing ensued before coming up with the finished product. Camera audio BTW. Video is "out there" but we don't shop it as the gigs come to us which is a good thing as the schedule of the players in front of me is pretty full. Anyways, warts and all, here is Megalicious with a trip to the 80's/70/s and 80's. And the bar:

• Members
Here's a couple from last night. Sorry about the angle- its my phone clipped to my IPad.

Dreams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lA1NJsOH5g

Very nice!!! I might have to steal that idea, it works really well as you did it. I never realized, in all the years of hearing it, it was two chords! Interesting fingerpicking gave it a great feel. I tried strumming it but that's a little dull.

thumb.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by benzem View Post
Very nice!!! I might have to steal that idea, it works really well as you did it. I never realized, in all the years of hearing it, it was two chords! Interesting fingerpicking gave it a great feel. I tried strumming it but that's a little dull.
thumb.gif
Thanks! I don't know what the original key is... I just slap a capo at 2. The picking is just a "claw" type of thing that I developed that I over use wink.gif It is pretty funny that such a well written song can basically boil down to two chords.

• Members

Right on Lefty! Very cool. Which one is you?

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoast123 View Post
All right, time to take the plunge into the deep end. Here's vid of a corporate Xmas party we did in 2009. We had a good run with this client and traveled all over BC for three Xmas seasons doing their parties. At this one I gave the camera to one of the band "friends" named Rosie and what was on the Mini DV tape was quite the collage so some very, very creative editing ensued before coming up with the finished product. Camera audio BTW. Video is "out there" but we don't shop it as the gigs come to us which is a good thing as the schedule of the players in front of me is pretty full. Anyways, warts and all, here is Megalicious with a trip to the 80's/70/s and 80's. And the bar:

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoast123

View Post

Great performance! That's what I call concert like experience with limited resources!

I was waiting for you to break out some 'Honeymoon Suite'. LOL!!!! thumb.gif

• Members

Love Honeymoon Suite! That's me behind the drum kit with the huge Michael Stipe hair. Both the bassist and keyboardist in the video play with Trooper, hence 3 Dressed Up As A 9. Of course we do Here For A Good Time and Boys In The Bright White Sports Car.... Thanks for the comments Grant and Potts!

• Members

Thanks guys!

My guitar playing have definitely improved miles since that performance (well over a year ago) and I have recently started working with a band where I play some rhythm but for the moment and mostly singing. Vid to come soon enough!

Leftcoast, awesome job! smile.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by sologrrl View Post
Thanks guys!

My guitar playing have definitely improved miles since that performance (well over a year ago) and I have recently started working with a band where I play some rhythm but for the moment and mostly singing. Vid to come soon enough!

First of all.. great performance! And i certainly wouldn't sell yourself short on your guitar playing at all!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by sologrrl View Post
Thanks guys!

First of all.. great performance! And i certainly wouldn't sell yourself short on your guitar playing at all!

• Members

I usually post vid's with my wife singing lead...here's one with me...I tried some animation effect...better than botox! Pardon the pitchy vocals and the weird mix..this was our first time doing this one live and it was at a club with house sound. The soundman had some crappy delay effect that took him a bit to get tamed.

Oh..and I know the song title is "Streets have no Name"...not names...d'oh.

Archived