Your groupies stories. Here.

brikus

• Moderators

Originally posted by dissonance

Nice but where did this intern come from? How did she know you were home alone? Had there been any past interest? Maybe I missed something. Also the timing of the holidays seems very coincidental tongue.gif

She was a friend's daughter we hired to wrap up cables and such, who gradually worked into sort of a receptionist/assistant engineer sort of position. Her character isn't developed in the story because (a) the story is about Abigail and how she changed my life in a fundamental and good way, (b) the story of the 17 year old girl is extremely interesting in its own right and would take at least 20 chapters of this size to do justice to, and © she's my wife and she'd kill me.

As for past interest, as a friend of her family I've known her since she was 6, and vice versa. That's how she got the job at our studio. I liked and respected her at the studio very much, she had and has a fantastic work ethic. I did spend an inordinate amount of time talking with her.

But I really hadn't thought of her as a love interest up until the NYE thing, I was kinda busy girl-wise as you can tell from the story. Certainly there was nothing physical going on between me and a seventeen year old. As to whether she had a crush on me prior to the NYE event, I would say her actions might indicate that but I'd also have to say she has a pretty impetuous and spontaneous nature so the kiss might have been unpremeditated. You'd have to ask her about that, I never have.

Regarding the holiday setting. I realize it sounds too pat, but that's how it did happen. I confess I don't recall whether my terrible epiphany happened on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day (it was 21 years ago), but it was definitely Christmas or Christmas Eve because everything was closed in our small town and about three quarters of the population were gone to their various home towns, since it was a university town. I just flipped a mental coin and went with Christmas Eve.

The New Year's Eve thing bears some explaining. You can't tell everything in a story, it would take longer to write and longer to read than the actual events did to occur. I wrote a pretty involved section that would have explained the seemingly coincidental NYE event, but I cut it as uninteresting and irrelevant to the story. And most importantly, it was unflattering to me!

I'll give you the short summary. I got kicked out of the most popular band in town, and now I had a house. Some high school girls that had been following the band who needed a place to smoke (tobacco) and drink started hanging around my house. I let them because I wanted the attention, as pathetic as that was. It got out of control in some innocent but non-interesting ways (while I was out, two of them let themselves in and washed my fish tank out with SOAP, for example) and I had kicked all of them out.

My wife maintains to this day that she had expected to find a party at my place on NYE, hence her comment in the story. Perhaps all the other girls opted to go see my ex-band, most of the town did.

Terry D.

• Moderators

Originally posted by JBJ

fantastic mate. if anyones compiling all this once it's edited I wouldn't mind a copy if that's ok.

u never told us the significance of the newspaper article or have i just missed something?

Darn, I hoped I'd made that clear in the story.

I ran a recording studio with two partners. The good folks at the local newspaper let us pester them into doing one of the customary new business pieces you typically find in the Business section of any Sunday paper.

But then they surprised us by featuring us as the headline, front page story on the Monday paper. That cost me my job at the university, as it was against the rules to work elsewhere without prior written permission. It still works that way, to this day!

What is ironic to me is that we got the headline because Monday turned out to be a slow news day. Small towns have a lot of slow news days. If someone had been caught shoplifting at the local Albertsons, that story would probably have bumped us and I might still have the same job today. My life would have turned out totally different.

And that's one of the questions I tried to raise in the story. Does life have a plan for us, or is it all just random luck? Or something in between?

Terry D.

• Moderators

Originally posted by brikus

1. mostly fictional, I knew it !!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif I knew this would turn into the greatest pwning HC ever saw !!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Terry pwn3d you all guys (I kinda saw it coming...) ! biggrin.gif

2. I'm maybe stupid, or maybe because it's late (11:20 pm) for someone who's getting up at 6 am...but I don't really see the connection between the French sentence and the rest of the story...besides I'd like to know why this sentence is so important and to whom...maybe in PM if you like Terry...thanks smile.gif

The French sentence fulfils a promise I made, and expresses my warm sentiments regarding Abigail now that I see things from a wiser perspective. They are a dedication and a paying of my respects as should be obvious I'd have thought. confused.gif

I haven't "pwn3d" anyone, I'm too old to even understand the concept. Must be a young person thing. wink.gif

Terry D.

• Moderators

Originally posted by JBJ

sorry terry if im being really slow her ebut abigail is the chick who turned up on NYE who in time became your wife....?

Nope, the person who turned up on NYE was a young intern who worked at the recording studio with me. I ended up marrying her.

Abigail is Gail's real name.

I did recently hear the story of the rest of her life from her family. But personally, I only saw her a couple of times after the door kicking incident.

Terry D.

P.S. My wife's name is MrsKnobs. wink.gif

• Members

Originally posted by MrKnobs

Nope, the person who turned up on NYE was a young intern who worked at the recording studio with me. I ended up marrying her.

I think that locks in perfectly to a belief I have. I think that who you are when you meet someone basically determines who you meet, and you really can't meet someone too far above or below your level.

You were in a very low place when you met your wife, and it turns out she was pretty dysfunctional back in the day, no? I know you've mentioned several "hard times". That makes perfect sense.

And if she was some incredibly well-adjusted, grounded person in the beginning, you probably wouldn't've been able to take it, and you'd've sabotaged the relationship.

It's a very beautiful affirmation that you were able to weather those storms together, and come out happier and healthier on the other side.

Abigail is Gail's real name.

I did recently hear the story of the rest of her life from her family.

Care to share that? I'd bet dollars to douchebags it isn't a pretty one.

Joe

• Members

That mystery will remain unresolved.

I began telling the story thinking that would be the ending, but as so often happens, the story had a mind of its own. There was a larger message to be shared, and the answer to the original mystery is so petty that I withheld it lest her memory be tarnished. About all I will say about that is that I learned the answer myself from a chance encounter with one of her exes about a year later, and that it was an act of kindness on her part that is still much appreciated.

Terry D.
Herpes. eek.gif

• Members

That mystery will remain unresolved.

I began telling the story thinking that would be the ending, but as so often happens, the story had a mind of its own. There was a larger message to be shared, and the answer to the original mystery is so petty that I withheld it lest her memory be tarnished. About all I will say about that is that I learned the answer myself from a chance encounter with one of her exes about a year later, and that it was an act of kindness on her part that is still much appreciated.

Terry D.

Dangit!!! That's the part I was most interested in knowing. Oh well, I'll just have to speculate. What could make a girl's privates so sensitive that she'd cum right after penetration and then not want to be touched? I soooo don't get it.

• Members

Great story! Thank you!! Have you written any songs about that?

Kirill

ps. Talking about stories that change live - and also getting back to music smile.gif)

Highway 29

---------------

I slipped on her shoe, she was a perfect size seven

I said "there's no smokin' in the store ma'am"

She crossed her legs and then

We made some small talk, that's where it should have stopped

She slipped me a number, I put it in my pocket

My hand slipped up her skirt, everything slipped my mind

In that little roadhouse On highway 29

It was a small town bank, it was a mess

Well I had a gun, you know the rest

Money on the floorboards, shirt was covered in blood

And she was cryin', her and me we headed south

On highway 29

In a little desert motel, the air it was hot and clean

l slept the sleep of the dead, I didn't dream

I woke in the morning washed my face in the sink

We headed into the Sierra Madres 'cross the borderline

The winter sun, shot through the black trees

I told myself it was all something in her

But as we drove I knew it was something in me

Something had been comin' for a long long time

And something that was here with me now

On highway 29

The road was filled with broken glass and gasoline

She wasn't sayin' nothin'', it was just a dream

The wind come silent through the windshield

All I could see was snow and sky and pines

I closed my eyes and I was runnin',

I was runnin' then I was flyin'

• Members

Originally posted by J.

Dangit!!! That's the part I was most interested in knowing. Oh well, I'll just have to speculate. What could make a girl's privates so sensitive that she'd cum right after penetration and then not want to be touched? I soooo don't get it.

The first thing that popped in my head was past sexual abuse and she faked the orgasm to get the penis away quickly. But that's just speculation and we'll never know biggrin.gif.

• Members

abigail = gail with 3 more letterseek.gif another plot twist

sorry was a hard shift last night I was being slow.

anyways mate I'm sorry for your loss and if this was some sort of therapy or even just you know you're own way of talking about her and your experiences with her like people do after funerals then good for you.

it's kinda strange how much people can affect our lives or we can affect others without even knowing it really isn't it?