Post your racks!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by ScarredForLife

Cool setup you got there man. Ive never seen those half-rack Rockman units before. Could you give a description on what each of them does?

Well, I will try and explain the best I can without going into too much detail and the technical setup of them.

I have 2 Rockman 200 sustainors, one set on clean channels and the other set on the distortion channels. Each sustainor has a built in compressor and noise gate and other things as well. I have 4 Rockman EQ's, one in the effects loop of the second sustainor and the other Post sustainor. These are used to shape the sound of the sustainor. From there I have a Rockman Stereo Chorus and then a Rockman Stereo Echo that goes from 75 to 500 ms. From there I have a left and right Rockman EQ for a final shaping of the left and right output sounds before the Power Amp. All these Rockman modules are analog and stereo so if you have two speakers, you get an incredible stereo sounds from the chorus and echo.

If you are more curious about these Rockmans, go to http://www.rockmancentral.com/RockmanCentral/Start.html and check it out.

• Members

Originally posted by ChS

My go to amp:
Carvin Quad X
->
DCM150
, compact, light and plenty powerful.

photo0115jx.th.jpg

What model of Jackson is that because I have one exactly like it which I upgraded the pickups and am selling, but I'm not sure of what model it is. Tx

• Members

Originally posted by Spar

What model of Jackson is that because I have one exactly like it which I upgraded the pickups and am selling, but I'm not sure of what model it is. Tx

The store label had it marked as a DX10D-TB.

I dumped out the bridge pickup about 20 minutes after getting it home from the store. ;)

• Members

///

Is that black guitar (white binding) on the right a Schecter? I've been interested in the bass they make (a friend of mine loves it - calls it the "Naked Lady Bass") as well as the guitar. If that's what it is, how do you like it?

-------------------------

Finally got a digital camera - I've been wanting to participate in this thread ever since I got my first rack unit.

First a wide-angle of my electric guitars, amps, and rack. Not as impressive as a lot of you guys' stuff, but it works all right for me.

Instruments are: Heritage 140CM, Schwab 5-string mandolin, ASAT Classic, Epiphone Sheraton II

Amps are: Vox Cambridge 15 and Randall RT30

wideangle2aw.th.jpg

Then a closeup of the rack itself (Digitech DHP55, Digitech 2112, Korg A3, Roland SDE1000, Pod Pro). I run the DHP55 out the "Send" output of the 2112 and into the Vox (anyone familiar with U2 "shimmer" will know what I'm talking about). The thing on top of the DHP55 is just my Boss BR532 digital 4-track.

rack4vp.th.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by SlipKid

///

Is that black guitar (white binding) on the right a Schecter? I've been interested in the bass they make (a friend of mine loves it - calls it the "Naked Lady Bass") as well as the guitar. If that's what it is, how do you like it?

Man, I can't say enough about that guitar.....:cool: :cool: It plays everybit a well as any of my others and came with better hardware than my LP's,........Grovers, Tonepros Bridge and Shaller electronics....I put EMG's in mine but the stock Duncan JB and 59 were fine...I'm just not a real passive pickup type of guy.......

Got it at GC for 450 bucks......Great little axe with nice level frets...;)

• Members

HERC

You've been holding out, I didn't know you had a Schecter :)

A friend of mine has one of those neck-thru C's (Korean, came stock with {censored}ty licensed pups). He has EMGs now, endless sustain and the guitar is surprisingly heavy weightwise. Didn't like the tiny frets though...

• Members

Originally posted by El Grinder

Herc, love the King V on the side. Is that a handmade corina wood model?

Thanks Grinder......Yes it is, it's an exact replica of Dave Mustaine Korina V....;):cool:

• Members

Originally posted by Tisca

HERC

You've been holding out, I didn't know you had a Schecter
:)
A friend of mine has one of those neck-thru C's (Korean, came stock with {censored}ty licensed pups). He has EMGs now, endless sustain and the guitar is surprisingly heavy weightwise. Didn't like the tiny frets though...

It's a great Axe, Christian....:cool:

I thought all of the C Model Schecters had Jumbo Frets..:confused: ....Mine has Jumbos and the first thing I did was smooth the fretboard and frets with 400-1500-2000 and then some 0000 Steel Wool and brought that bad boy to a high polish...It's smooth as {censored} now my Brutha.......

I'd never hold out on you bro;) I said that I had one at The Axe House.....You guys must've been ignoring me.....;) ;) :D

• Members

...You might've mentioned something :)

My friend's had definitely very small frets but it also had {censored}tier stock pups. It's a 2-3 year old model. I never understood why he didn't get real Duncans like all in that price-class are supposed to have...

I've been looking for a 25.5" axe and a Schecter is probably the closest for what I want and I've always had GAS for one, but last time I checked they were so DAMN expensive over here compared to your prices...

Just calculated a couple models and compared to m123's prices... they're TWICE as expensive.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived