Post your racks!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by SteveLINY

Do you possibly have enough EQ's?????

LOL.

I do have a lot of EQ's, 5 to be exact. The reason I have 4 Rockman EQ's is because 1 EQ is in the Loop of the second Rockman Sustainor, 1 is after the second Sustainor before the Rockman Chorus, 1 is after the left output of the Rockman Echo before the BBE Maximizer and 1 is after the right output of the Rockman Echo before the BBE Maximizer. The Furman EQ is after the V Amp Pro before the BBE. All the Rockman EQ's are necessary to shape the get the best sound out of the Sustainor. The First Sustainor is set on the clean channels and the Second Sustainor is set on Edge. When I use the Rockman setup, I disconnect the V Amp setup, vise versa.

• Members

Originally posted by SteveLINY

Spar..

I have a Rockman Compressor if your interested.

Steve

Sorry, I have no use for a compressor. The compressor built into the Sustainors are efficient.

• Members

Originally posted by Spar

LOL.

I do have a lot of EQ's, 5 to be exact. The reason I have 4 Rockman EQ's is because 1 EQ is in the Loop of the second Rockman Sustainor, 1 is after the second Sustainor before the Rockman Chorus, 1 is after the left output of the Rockman Echo before the BBE Maximizer and 1 is after the right output of the Rockman Echo before the BBE Maximizer. The Furman EQ is after the V Amp Pro before the BBE. All the Rockman EQ's are necessary to shape the get the best sound out of the Sustainor. The First Sustainor is set on the clean channels and the Second Sustainor is set on Edge. When I use the Rockman setup, I disconnect the V Amp setup, vise versa.

may be you would'nt need all these eq's if you had a real good preamp ....don't you think

:confused:

• Members

Originally posted by Mr Ten

somebody want to donate for the cause... pedals and wiring for my rack?
:)

What's in the efx rack? And how are you running it(the rack) with the two heads and the single 4-12?

-Robert

p.s. nice looking rig, brother:D

• Members

Originally posted by ibanez7addict

may be you would'nt need all these eq's if you had a real good preamp ....don't you think

:confused:

A preamp has nothing to do with having all the EQ's. The Rockman Eq's are very necessary to sculped the sound you want. The Rockman EQ in the effects loop of the Sustainor is used to cut the highs/mids, add warmth, and boost the lows. The second EQ after the Sustainor is used to boost the lows, severely cut the lower mids, and tailor the high mids for presence. The last two EQ's are used as a final sculpting of the sound before going into the BBE and power amp. There are 2 Eq's, one for the left and right coming out of the Stereo Echo.

• Members

Originally posted by sapphireskiss

What's in the efx rack? And how are you running it (the rack) with the two heads and the single 4-12?

Thanks. The rack is essentially:

korg tuner

dunlop rack wah

axess rx1

utility shelf

pedal shelf 1

pedal shelf 2

furman power

2-space drawer

the utility shelf will have things like:

a midi splitter: from the rx1 midi-thru to the amps, other midi pedals and units

a midi-cv converter: for controlling the rack wah remotely so i eliminate the extra cable draw (will use an expression pedal into a midi controller to make this happen)

other future junk: piezo preamp?

and the pedal shelves will seat all the pedals and pedal power units needed to run the show (which i only have one of):

chorus / phaser / tremolo / whammy / octave-fuzz / delay / rotary-leslie / vibe / other...

so all the pedals will be patched into the rx1, independent of one another, some dedicated to one amp, some dedicated to both. i have run both heads into the same cab and it's ok, but i use only one at a time really. i will get a second cab down the road. the rx1 splits the signal in two so i will a/b/both with the new controller (new = axess fx1, when it comes out).

I had a g-force before and wasn't a fan of the programming methods required to go with a rack processor. while it was nice to have more realtime control of parameters, i'm pretty straight shot with my effects and would rather blend with my hands and feet than program it over and over. even if i took the cost of all the pedals and bought an eventide, sure it would be nice, but this is where i've landed for now.

nothing fancy going on really. it already feels overboard and i now anticipate the day where i strip it all down to a 6-space deal with an eventide. :rolleyes: maybe i should start doing that now?

• Members

Originally posted by Mr Ten

Thanks. The rack is essentially:

korg tuner

dunlop rack wah

axess rx1

utility shelf

pedal shelf 1

pedal shelf 2

furman power

2-space drawer

the utility shelf will have things like:

a midi splitter: from the rx1 midi-thru to the amps, other midi pedals and units

a midi-cv converter: for controlling the rack wah remotely so i eliminate the extra cable draw (will use an expression pedal into a midi controller to make this happen)

other future junk: piezo preamp?

and the pedal shelves will seat all the pedals and pedal power units needed to run the show (which i only have one of):

chorus / phaser / tremolo / whammy / octave-fuzz / delay / rotary-leslie / vibe / other...

so all the pedals will be patched into the rx1, independent of one another, some dedicated to one amp, some dedicated to both. i have run both heads into the same cab and it's ok, but i use only one at a time really. i will get a second cab down the road. the rx1 splits the signal in two so i will a/b/both with the new controller (new = axess fx1, when it comes out).

I had a g-force before and wasn't a fan of the programming methods required to go with a rack processor. while it was nice to have more realtime control of parameters, i'm pretty straight shot with my effects and would rather blend with my hands and feet than program it over and over. even if i took the cost of all the pedals and bought an eventide, sure it would be nice, but this is where i've landed for now.

nothing fancy going on really. it already feels overboard and i now anticipate the day where i strip it all down to a 6-space deal with an eventide.
:rolleyes:
maybe i should start doing that now?

Hey 10

How are you liking the herbert?? ... does it combine well with the vh4?

and what about the diesel cab is it a standard or extra tight?

NB

• Members

Originally posted by rickenbacker198

Hey 10

How are you liking the herbert?? ... does it combine well with the vh4?

and what about the diesel cab is it a standard or extra tight?

NB

i like the herbert a lot. if i were to sell one though, it might be the herbert because i think the vh-4 is a little more unique in character. the herbert plays much easier and carries a more familiar sound overall than the vh-4, very spongey and loose in character, but not soggy or fart-like. big bottom end, the master deep and presence do influence a little more but both amps use this great, the mid cut is cool but don't use it too much yet, etc.

it blends well with the vh-4 in that they both have a different "color" to their tone, so doubling them through two cabs produces a very wide and stadium-live feel, really good separation. i actually a/b'd the vh-4 with the herbert and bad cat hot cat 30 (guitar to splitter, one side to vh-4, the other to another a/b box, hot cat and herbert). I almost always had the vh-4 on, but i would a/b the hot cat and herbert, trying to copy tones, and i got the herbert to sound 95% like the hot cat (not as dry or "classic" as the bad cat tone), it was enough to convince me it was a great doubling or solo amp.

enough jabber, it's a great amp, it's better discussed on the phone than written endlessly, PM or e-mail if you wish.

EDIT: Also, the cab is the standard rear-loaded with v30 and g12h30 speakers in a "X" pattern, love it, will probably never do all v30s again.

• Members

Originally posted by Spar

A preamp has nothing to do with having all the EQ's. The Rockman Eq's are very necessary to sculped the sound you want. The Rockman EQ in the effects loop of the Sustainor is used to cut the highs/mids, add warmth, and boost the lows. The second EQ after the Sustainor is used to boost the lows, severely cut the lower mids, and tailor the high mids for presence. The last two EQ's are used as a final sculpting of the sound before going into the BBE and power amp. There are 2 Eq's, one for the left and right coming out of the Stereo Echo.

my point of view is that the preamp is the first to sculped the sound , this is his job !!!

if it doesn't do the job , it is not a preamp that suit me ....that 's my point of view !

i understand yours , even though it surprised me :D

• Members

Originally posted by hyperboogie

Your neighbors must realy "love" you
:D

That rig is my stereo when it's at the house. You'll see the computer sitting next to it. Amazingly the magnets haven't completely destroyed everything within a ten-foot radius.

My neighbors are about twenty feet away, on either side. They hear it. I've had the cops called on me from over 3/4 mile away when we're at practice, as well, because of "the bass".

Gotta love it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived