Post your racks!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by andrewface

what the {censored}???

how is it that you have a new damn amp every time i turn the page gof i hate you!!! you like th triple recto vs the mk iv?

I like the Triple way more than the MKIV. It's just that "girth" in the tone that i like alot.

Here's another ;)

tower.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by andrewface

you rat bastard!!

where do you get the dough for this {censored} :@...im just looking to start out a rack...all ive got is an ada mp1 so far hehe....i know youve been there...got any suggestions sp geetar?

Mesa,Marshall or VHT power and a Digitech 2101 for effects. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Pimpin' !!

So how are you liking that Mesa midi-matrix ?? Does it murder the tone or is it fairly transparent ?? Also, if you don't mind, could you detail the specs on yours (number of loops, mono/stereo, signal splitter etc) because I can't seem to find precise infos on those...

Originally posted by Polygamy16

P1012122.JPGP1012118.JPG

• Members

Originally posted by Jack Luminous

Pimpin' !!

So how are you liking that Mesa midi-matrix ?? Does it murder the tone or is it fairly transparent ?? Also, if you don't mind, could you detail the specs on yours (number of loops, mono/stereo, signal splitter etc) because I can't seem to find precise infos on those...

The amp has 8 switches, 6 loops, stereo outs(in which case you'd only get 3 loops, it's sort of tricky but it's legit). ..it allows for amp/preamp switching and is quite the transparent unit. . .it's sort of dated by today's standard's but it does everything I need it to do (and then some) so I'm happy. What I do is control all the functions of my mark IV(about 5 switches) and then I take the direct out of my mark iv and put it into the midi matrix and control 2 extra mesa 2x12 cabs wired to a mesa 50/50. . .not to mention incorp/bypass effects in the loop. . .To answer your question, thinking about it, yes you can use it as a signal splitter(4 routers). . .that's what I do to send signals to the two sides of the mesa 50/50

think of the midi matrix as a unit that does a lot of things and does it well. . .it doesn't skimp on switches, loops or outs. For some people, a lot of things might go unrealized but looking at what my alternatives would be, it's saved me a lot of additional hardware.

My MAIN gripe(and I haven't read about it anywhere else) is that the internal memory is maintained by those quarter sized watch batteries. Perhaps mine has a glitch or something but I have to replace those things about every 8 months or so which becomes a bitch(having to remove the unit from rack and then open the case) I'm thinking there's a fault with mine because I haven't read anybody else having the same experience. . .although, I remember seeing on ebay a guy selling the unit with the disclaimer "unit doesn't not retain settings" Obviously he didn't know how to fix it(a simple 3 dollar fix every 8 months or so) and wrote the unit off as faulty. . .damn, I wanted to snatch it up, replace the battery and sell it for a few bills more (shoulda coulda woulda)

anyways, I hope that helps a bit. . .it's a good unit that can be picked up for a pretty good price especially if you find a frustrated musician that's tired of the unit not retaining memory:-) Then again, then that problem becomes yours every year

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Originally posted by Jack Luminous

Nice setup, bro !! It takes an Holdsworth's slut to recognize another one
:)

Could you review briefly the DG1000 ?? I think I want one !!

I just saw your post about the DG1000 of losttranslator's.

I've been keepin' my eyes open for one & I don't know if you saw my post from a couple days ago, but I scored a DG1000 on ebay for $269.00 shipped! I think that's a decent deal considering they were 1k new. I had a DG Stomp & the only reason I gave it up was the switching hassle. I could have just midi'd in to switch patches but didn't consider that at the time.

Now I have a great outboard processor & combined with the 1000, I think it'll make a killer rig option.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

two nice rigs there.

i'm gassing for a jmp1 big time, not sure if its the sound i want though.

i've got a marshall 6100lm head that i just use as a preamp at the moment and i'm getting really sick of lugging it around!

wanna get a simular sort of sound really

• Members

Just thought I'd post again, with everything.

100_0499.jpg

In my rack:

Korg DTR1000 Chromatic Digital Guitar/Bass Rack Tuner

2 RackRider Power Conditioners

Behringer V-Amp Pro

Rockman Sustainor Model 200 Single IC

Rockman Sustainor Model 200 (modded with a Double IC)

4 Rockman EQ

• Members

Originally posted by dmk

two nice rigs there.

i'm gassing for a jmp1 big time, not sure if its the sound i want though.

i've got a marshall 6100lm head that i just use as a preamp at the moment and i'm getting really sick of lugging it around!

wanna get a simular sort of sound really

Thanx :)

If you want LOTS of Marshall tones go for the JMP-1 :thu:

Archived