Post your racks!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by adamquek

rack.jpg

Hi!

I had a gator (4U) with locking key, and had no problems closing it with my power amp at the lower position...

Yesterday i got a 6(U), and it just didn't close. I bent the tabs that secure the door to the rack but it didn't work, so i finally had to raise all the gear and let the lowest space empty.

I think the front panel of the mesa 2:50 is too fat. But i never had That problem with the 4U case.

Didn't this happen to you??

BTW: I thought that the white plastic washers had to be placed between the rail and the gear, not between the gear and the screw. ?????

• Members

Originally posted by Robotechnology

Here's a pic of my modest rack. Just finished putting it together this past Tuesday:

sonic_ectasy.jpg

SKB Roller-X 6-Space rack

Furman PL Plus DM power conditioner

Mesa/Boogie Abacus foot controller

Mesa/Boogie Triaxis preamp

Rocktron Xpression effects

Roctron Velocity 120 power amp

(2) Pacific Wood Works cabs loaded with Celestion Vintage 30 speakers

Hey!

What kind of case is that?

It looks cool.

Is it good?

• Members

Why does nobody have a Sansamp PSA-1 in their rack rig? I was under the impression that this was one of the more popular rack preamps for guitar. I have one I use for bass in my band and guitar at home, and it is absolutely incredible. Best piece of gear I've bought to date.

• Members

Originally posted by jdwinger

still no worky

I get a "you aren't the owner of the album" msg

I think you have a cookie with your login so it works on your machine

See if you can set that album to "public"

Hi!

I've just checked it; It's set to public.

I don't know what else I can do.

:(

• Members

some websites don't allow people post pictures of them on other websites.. you'll just have to click on the red square ...go to properties.. copy the link and paste it in another internet window.. then go back to your first window and it shows up after a refresh or so..

• Members

Originally posted by digital

some websites don't allow people post pictures of them on other websites.. you'll just have to click on the red square ...go to properties.. copy the link and paste it in another internet window.. then go back to your first window and it shows up after a refresh or so..

Hmm...

Do you know a website where I can do it (For free;) )??

Thank you very much.

• Members

Originally posted by sapphireskiss

Rack_Carbon_blue_pearl_Petrucci.jpg

:D

-Robert

That looks very good!

The idea of a wood rack inside a separated flight case is great!!

If my rack grows to that height i'll use that system. I could use the empty case to elevate my 2x12.

• Members

Thanks man, the top of the road case has come in handy, I remember showing up for a gig and the stage was not very deep so after the drums were setup our singer had nowhere to really stand because of the floor monitors so I threw that thing up infront of the stage and put the monitors on that (saved the day;) ). I think the difficult part about a rack like this is simply trying to move it by yourself, thats why I decided to keep the Mark IV out of the rack (plus it opens up more space for more stuff ;) ).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

hey GrooveKing, you gear collection is famous. i've seen these picks several times before. (don't worry i believe its all yours because of that peice of paper with a few poster's names on it that you pictured with some of your gear in another forum. :D ) as a matter of fact, they're already saved on my hard-drive!

so, and you know i gotta ask, what's it like having all that stuff around? are you satisfied with your tone, or tones really (however many thousands you probably have!) ? here's the one you are probably tired of by now, why'd you buy all that stuff!!!

do you use all that stuff? how much time do you spend setting up and tweaking vs. playing?

sorry for all the questions, but i'm really very interested.

oh, and do you have any clips we can hear?

• Members

The reason I bought all of this stuff? Well to put this into proper perspective, it was purchased over many years and as my tastes have changed as to what type of tone I want, so did the equipment requirements. I didn't sell any because you lose money with that format, because things are circular, meaning that what fades in need today ,comes back in a few years. So I keep it.

I love having a selection, and yes I do tweak to my heart's content.

TheGrooveking

Archived