Post your racks!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thank you, still don't have all the bugs worked out -- and I am waiting for a Bogner Uberkab 4 x 12, but will have it firing on all cylinders this weekend ( Memorial Weekend ) Not sure about the pedals that I have in drawer, might swap a couple around??

Thank you for the kind words -- fun putting together diffferent rigs.

Jay

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Originally posted by Bob Greaves

Here's mine...

rack_lg.jpg

hey Bob,

Nice setup.. but I gotta say, doesnt it hurt your back taking that thing around?? unless it stays at home?

Duke

p.s. I like the Candy bar at the bottom of the rack :D.. makes it look even "sweeter" :D

• Members

Originally posted by Duke of Metal

hey Bob,

Nice setup.. but I gotta say, doesnt it hurt your back taking that thing around?? unless it stays at home?

Duke

p.s. I like the Candy bar at the bottom of the rack
:D
.. makes it look even "sweeter"
:D

I'm sorry to say, it never leaves the house :( I'd love to gig it one day...

The candy bar :D is actually a bag of silica gel, so that if I close the case while the gear's still warm, I don't have to worry about condensation. Prob OTT, but hey...

• Members

Here's a pic of my modest rack. Just finished putting it together this past Tuesday:

sonic_ectasy.jpg

SKB Roller-X 6-Space rack

Furman PL Plus DM power conditioner

Mesa/Boogie Abacus foot controller

Mesa/Boogie Triaxis preamp

Rocktron Xpression effects

Roctron Velocity 120 power amp

(2) Pacific Wood Works cabs loaded with Celestion Vintage 30 speakers

• Members

Originally posted by El Grinder

Hey, Bob, why do you have both a 2:Ninety and a Strategy 500 in the rack? And, what's your opinion on the performance of the two in comparison to eachother.

I used to have a Marshall JMP1, so ran two seperate amp lines.

I've been thinking about getting rid of one of the PAs, but can't decide which one. They're both great soundwise. The 2:90 has a little more of a crisp, modern edge, whereas the 500 has a more open, high headroom clang to it. Of the two, the 500 probably sounds more 'valve', if you get what I mean...

Features wise, the 2:90 is smaller, lighter, cheaper to revalve, and has the deep, modern and half drive switching to directly work with the Triaxis.

However, the 2:90 is more easily / profitably saleable (as it's a more recent model), as well as being more replaceable. If I missed the 2:90, I could fairly easily find another (or the newer 2:100) at a reasonable price. Finding another 500 might prove more difficult...

Also, I love the build quality and two channel design of the 500. The switching operations on neither amp is ideal, but I think I slightly prefer the 500s: besides, I don't often use 'Modern' (this effect can be replicated with preamp EQ anyway), nor 'Half Drive' (which makes things a little 'spongy' sounding and doesn't actually reduce the volume radically).

That just leaves 'Deep', which I use some of the time. You can switch it in or out with the 2:90, but that's all. You can't remotely switch it in or out with the 500 without changing channels, but this does give you the option of a different volume and presence setting.

Repairability is a problem, as there was never a schematic for the 500. However, I know a good 'old scholl' amp tech, so he can (and has in the past) pretty much work it out...

Power is an issue...I currently have 2 Marshall 4x12s. If I ever decide to slim this down, the 2:90 at 90 watts per side will be easier to accomodate than the 500's 200 watts per side.

So we'll see...my head says sell the 500, but my heart says sell the 2:90...

• Members

Originally posted by ibanez7addict

i am waiting for an engl 530 preamp and a N.O.S 2x12 v30cabinet to achieve it (i already have a 1922 2x75 watts marshall cabinet )!

here is my rig:

rack7.jpg

i would put that power amp up top so it doesnt fry the units above it, heat goes UP;) besides that NICE rig

• Members

Hey guys

I am just a newbie in rackmount gear. And recently I have bought a Mesa Boogie Quad Preamp and Mosvalve Power Amp. I am thinking to add a Rockman midi Octopus, Furman PL-8E, DMC Ground Control and a FX unit in the near future. (Hope i can get those gear in this year since i am a poor college student ) Is there any guys here wan tto sell a midi switcher to me?

Anyway, here is the pic of of my gear. (The ADA power amp to me)

here is the links

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/brian_lespaul/detail?.dir=/878b&.dnm=fa4c.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by Robotechnology

Here's a pic of my modest rack. Just finished putting it together this past Tuesday:

sonic_ectasy.jpg

SKB Roller-X 6-Space rack

Furman PL Plus DM power conditioner

Mesa/Boogie Abacus foot controller

Mesa/Boogie Triaxis preamp

Rocktron Xpression effects

Roctron Velocity 120 power amp

(2) Pacific Wood Works cabs loaded with Celestion Vintage 30 speakers

Don't NEED much more, that that. Here's my deal.

rack.jpg

Archived