Buskers Guitar

catscurlyear

• Members

I came across this Guitar in  a Cash Convertor shop in a town near me ,i didn`t try it out cause it was attached to the wall stand with a cable tie .it looks like some kind of speaker mounted on the body the pickup was also mounted above and looking down on the strings the pickup also had a volume and tone knobs attached ,the strings weren`t impeded by the pickup and the strings rang out lovely to some open tuning ,i think a lot of love went into this guitar and it looked quite sad seeing it in this kind of shop,i wonder what happened to the owner.1670469518_buskerguitar.thumb.jpg.d5a9d14517d67ae5ca1a7dd283278128.jpg

• Members
8 hours ago, catscurlyear said:

I came across this Guitar in  a Cash Convertor shop in a town near me ,i didn`t try it out cause it was attached to the wall stand with a cable tie .it looks like some kind of speaker mounted on the body the pickup was also mounted above and looking down on the strings the pickup also had a volume and tone knobs attached ,the strings weren`t impeded by the pickup and the strings rang out lovely to some open tuning ,i think a lot of love went into this guitar and it looked quite sad seeing it in this kind of shop,i wonder what happened to the owner.1670469518_buskerguitar.thumb.jpg.d5a9d14517d67ae5ca1a7dd283278128.jpg

That thing is beggin to  make some buskin coin.

• Moderators
On 6/14/2021 at 9:45 AM, catscurlyear said:

i wonder what happened to the owner.1670469518_buskerguitar.thumb.jpg.d5a9d14517d67ae5ca1a7dd283278128.jpg

The owner? I dunno...but the builder should have been drawn and quartered....

£80? that's like $113...the parts may be worth more....😉

Forgive my ignorance, but wth is a 'cash converter' store? Is that like a pawn shop?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I think it's cool. The "I don't care what you think" ethos is strong. 

Makes me really curious what sort of songs got played with it, or if it was just created as a steampunk prop. My romantic side wants it to be an old blues guy, but it could be a guy playing country songs wearing only red, white, and blue speedos and a ten gallon hat. 

• Members
On 6/16/2021 at 1:44 AM, daddymack said:

The owner? I dunno...but the builder should have been drawn and quartered....

£80? that's like $113...the parts may be worth more....😉

Forgive my ignorance, but wth is a 'cash converter' store? Is that like a pawn shop?

yes

• Thanks 1

• Members
On 7/13/2021 at 8:46 PM, Grant Harding said:

I think it's cool. The "I don't care what you think" ethos is strong. 

Makes me really curious what sort of songs got played with it, or if it was just created as a steampunk prop. My romantic side wants it to be an old blues guy, but it could be a guy playing country songs wearing only red, white, and blue speedos and a ten gallon hat. 

when i strummed the strings while it was still on the wall hanger it was tuned to some open tuning ,i could imagine a blues slide player maybe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
On 7/15/2021 at 5:58 PM, daddymack said:

I thought that was a nylon string classical, pre-op...?

yeh i never thought anything  about it having steel strings ,yes it has tuners for nylons  but they were definatly steel strings ,all adds to the charm i guess  ,ha ha pre-op, by the way i went in the shop the other day to see it but it had gone ,ah well never mind .