50' Speaker Speakon Cables for Subs

• Members

I bought mine at MCM electronics (dot com)

And was pleased with the price and quality. Got quite a few mic cables from them as well.

Website is a bit treacherous as their catalog is huge but once you find "pro audio" and "cables" you should be close.

Also a good place for replacement speakers if they have what you want.

• Members

I hate 50' cables, too much of a pain to deal with. I've gotten to like 15' and 30' cables, and use the Neutrik speakon cable connector if I need a longer cable.

+1 (or is that 6?) for Audiopile.

How much power are you running?

This is more important than subs vs mains.

• Members

2-SRX718s 4 ohms XTi4000 Bridged. I have been sailing as long as I have been coiling up cords. I don't mind a 50' cords, I have 4 XLR 50' too.

I have my amps on one side of the stage. So my run to the other tops and bottoms can run over 25', I bet I could do with 35'. Maybe I will buy some connectors and some 20 footers

Thanks for all your help!

• Members

Made my own. All 12 gauge / 4 conductor for bi and tri amping. The wiring is rated 250 volts and submersible. (Like that would be a problem with my amp outputs.)

No one stocks four conductor speakon wiring out here.

• Members

The male to male cable end connectors are the same diameter and length as the newer NL4FX cable ends. A little "clunkier" than plain cable but no too much.

You do know, don't cha, that there is absolutely NO reason to match cable lengths to each side?

Don't forget to add the vertical drape of the speaker cables with the speakers on poles or stands to your length consideration.

I strongly suggest you buy a spool of 12ga SJOW or SJEOW and some NL4s and make your own. It's the cheapest and a very easy way to go.

Boomerweps

• Members

speaking of spilled drinks, last friday i opened my cable tub to find about 800' of 12/3 covered in some type of gloppy, gross oily antifreeze type mess.

i would have preferred spilled drinks.

this may up the calendar on converting all the cables to twist lock. i dont even care how/why it happened, i just want folks to stop using my stuff.

Archived