Is this a good time to go "back to the drawing board?"

kwakatak

• Members

I'm not a professional musician but have been unemployed in the past and have often used the downtime as an opportunity to learn new things in the interest of reinventing myself. Have any of you been doing something along these lines during the downtime? Do you think that the climate will change because of all of this social distancing. I imagine that there will be many songs written about this experience.

• Members

I've taken advantage of the gigging downtime to work on backing tracks, I've made a lot more progress since I don't need to tear things down and haul to gigs. We still have a gig on the books for the 22nd and we hope we can do it. My wife did book a new gig for June 5th. I expect things to be back to normal before then.

• Moderators

I am in the process of re-inventing myself [yet again...blues-> folkie -> country rock -> rock -> country -> jump blues->{+ solo folkie} -> crooner...] so why not? I quit my band [of 20+ years] right before all the madness began in order to focus on my new direction. Retraining my voice has been the highest hurdle.

Archived