Musta been underpowered <wink>

• Members

From another forum:

One of my SRX728 subs blew last weekend. Ive been running 2 channels bridged from a Lab Gruppen FP10000q amp per sub. The amp manual says it produces 5000watts at 4 ohms in bridge mode. I guess 5000watts can blow a 728?

Yah think? :facepalm:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kinda funny, someone local to me chimed in on that thread with a recommendation for a reconer. I got the impression he thought I was somewhat of an idiot when I told him he was running too much power into his subs a while back
;)

I didnt think that you can recone JBL drivers? Well, at least they dont make recone kits for them and JBL makes you buy a new driver.

• CMS Author

I really do not understand this. How can someone with a $6000 amp and an $1800 sub have no clue how to use them (or at least not know how to properly match them up). I would be 100% sure before I blew $8000 on a sub and amp.

If you have to ask, you can't afford it.......:facepalm::lol::lol::lol:

Some of these people are beyond any hope of redemption. And I use "redemption" because it's almost a cult or religion that brainwashes these people into believing that the laws of physics and theories of electricity somehow don't apply to speakers and amps.

• Members
Running in stereo, it goes to "22".......

His wording was a bit weird on how it was bridged so I checked it out. That amp is a four channel 10kw amp :eek:. Bet that wouldn't underpower some monitors for sure :thu:. With two channels bridged per sub he was getting the full output of that amp into them stereo so he really was running them at "22" :freak:.

• Members
so, how exactly does one power a 10kw amp? seems like it would take close to an 80amp circuit?

It's set up to dial itself down if the average power gets to be too much for a 30 amp circuit (like most all amps above 1500watts or so do).

Archived