I just made my first fusion song

mbengs1

• Members
OK. I realize you don't have a clue on what you're talking about. Once again that' date='s hard rock.[/quote']

Sounds like a rock player trying to play fusion, right? my influences in fusion are kirk hammett and paul gilbert.

• Members

Sounds like a rock player trying to play fusion, right? my influences in fusion are kirk hammett and paul gilbert.

Nether of them would be considered "fusion" in ANY drug induced state!

Pat Methany, Return to Forever, Brand X, Pat Martino, Paul Winter Consort, Zappa, Mahavisnu Orchestra and about 15,000 others whose names escape me. Those guys are jazz fusion. I DARE you to listen to Pat Martino's "Consequence", and not have your mind blown.

• Members

Sammyreynolds, Kirk hammett and paul gilbert can sound fusion if they play off-key... which is what i'm going for in fusion. I just play weird shapes to see if I can get a sound out of it that is decent. It's just a vibe you get when you play certain notes and make every note and phrase compliment each other.

• Members
Sammyreynolds' date=' Kirk hammett and paul gilbert can sound fusion if they play off-key... which is what i'm going for in fusion. I just play weird shapes to see if I can get a sound out of it that is decent. It's just a vibe you get when you play certain notes and make every note and phrase compliment each other.[/quote']

You have...…… no clue, do you?

Playing "off key" isn't fusion. Weird shapes aren't fusion. Taking an aeolian scale and playing it against a Ionian chord isn't fusion. Nor is playing jazz licks with uber distortion.

Fusion is taking different aspects of a genre, and mixing it with other genres, and making it your own.

Oh, and before I forget, listen to the Dixie Dregs. Or Bela Fleck. Both fusion, but not how you may think of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived