Checkout my first neoclassical influenced song

mbengs1

• Members

This is a acoustic instrumental I just wrote. I used my ovation CE28 celebrity series acoustic/electric. It's my first time to record an acoustic instrumental played on an actual acoustic not with effects. I'm quite impressed with the quality of recording. It's got background noise though. I don't have headphones so you can hear the backing track, the traffic on the road outside, and my breathing. lol. It sounds like 30's recording.

• Members
Nice mix of styles so far man. Keep it up!

My ovation guitar has old strings but the intonation is still alright. I recorded it using my boss br-800 on my desk. The guitar is quite lower than the desk so the desk was kinda in the way of the mics of the recorder. but playing as close to it worked. I get quite clear recordings. but I still think this is where headphones come in handy. that's kind of my sound now. I just record everyday 1 song. It also gets quite hot when i'm recording so I have a fan pointed at me to keep me cool. I'm thinking of buying a keyboard to pursue a solo keyboard album hehehe.

This is the 8 track I use.

• Members

good stuff, nice playing ,have you tried a midi pickup for the guitar ,you can get all the keyboard sounds you want by playing the guitar fit with a midi pick up ,but then you either need a sound module or you can hook it up to a pc and download sounds or if you have a DAW cubase or similar, you get lots of synth sounds in there plus you can record into cubase ,cubase has a limitless number of tracks you can record and editing is easy once you get used to it..

this is an original song i did in cubase all the synths and piano and bass synth and noises were done with a cheap strat copy guitar fit with a shadow sh 075 pick up

• Members

checked out the first tune,although it`s not a style of rock music i paticularly like. however i do like your playing especialy your vibrato ,some people would die for that and you have a good sound for that style of music ,the fast stuff sounds good and you pull it off convincingly but you do get a bit tied up in knots at times once you sort that out you`ll be a killer.

• Members
checked out the first tune,although it`s not a style of rock music i paticularly like. however i do like your playing especialy your vibrato ,some people would die for that and you have a good sound for that style of music ,the fast stuff sounds good and you pull it off convincingly but you do get a bit tied up in knots at times once you sort that out you`ll be a killer.

I know I got ripped off my music. Maybe people listen to it online and get ideas from me. But I'm ok with that. I have a lot of stuff. But I wish they'd stop playing my songs, man.

• Members

Given the genre is rife with poseurs, hacks, tasteless morons who'll cop anything they can put their fingers around, and general phathead pile ons, it's not inconceivable that the food chain will extend from Bengs in that fashion.

Me, music is fine art and should be lived in that way. I leave the performing to those who can manage performing at the highest levels.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
Given the genre is rife with poseurs, hacks, tasteless morons who'll cop anything they can put their fingers around, and general phathead pile ons, it's not inconceivable that the food chain will extend from Bengs in that fashion.

Me, music is fine art and should be lived in that way. I leave the performing to those who can manage performing at the highest levels.

I think the style malmsteen introduced is not as hard as john Petrucci's style. while malmsteen plays fast, Petrucci is way harder to imitate. some of his songs are 20 minutes long with many parts. I dunno how you could possibly memorize all those parts.

• Members

I think the style malmsteen introduced is not as hard as john Petrucci's style. while malmsteen plays fast, Petrucci is way harder to imitate. some of his songs are 20 minutes long with many parts. I dunno how you could possibly memorize all those parts.

Petrucci's playing is much more elegant, sophisticated, and refined than Yngvay who frankly has, IMO, a remedial sense of rhythm. That ventured, I don't care much for Petrucci or the music of Dream Theater either. It's often just complicated rhythm while accomplishing little else. I can't even remember enough DT to listen attentively :D

If you play in a band like that, you probably should devise a system of notation so you can have hard copy to refer to.

• Members

You post song, I give homework.

Learn this melody note for note, all the way through perfect. Don't forget dynamics and expression.

[video=youtube;mhhkGyJ092E]

If you complete this successfully, make cover or new song with the melody. If you post that, you must also prove you learned the complete melody.

GTFOH is not a response.

• Members

Yes, It's a very pretty melody. Somewhat of a joke among certain strata of players but they's jaded and spoiled. Interesting that you paid attention for the duration. In spite of the rap it gets, it is quite a study in how to stretch music. Small changes make big differences.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Checkout my new prog song. I programmed the drums first with my boss dr-3. I made 5 odd time beats then put it on my DAW. I wrote the riffs and played it with my Ibanez RG. It has ibz pickups. I played the bass too using the guitas to bass effects of my recorder. For the lead track I used an Ibanez rg421 with dimarzio paf pro pickups and a area 58 single coil. I also used my new Roland EV-5 expression pedal to use the wah and whammy sounds of my Br-800 recorder.

• Members

You get paid to demo this stuff?

Anyway, I like the opening section and the opening of the guitar melody. Then the wah gets monotonous and then you speed pick and the illusion fails. You gotta work _with_ the underlying riff; not just blow on top of it.

• Members
You get paid to demo this stuff?

Anyway, I like the opening section and the opening of the guitar melody. Then the wah gets monotonous and then you speed pick and the illusion fails. You gotta work _with_ the underlying riff; not just blow on top of it.

No. I just try to use my gear in my music so I made this song with wah wah and whammy. I write almost everyday. it seems to be something I like to do like playing guitar, I record tracks with my drum machine making the drum sound.

Archived