Craig....is this true?

nat whilk II

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Gibson rewrote the text on the website to be less confusing.

Old message: If you’re using SONAR, you will remain unaffected.

New message: This change will not affect the performance of current or legacy versions of SONAR in any way.

• Members

There are quite a few manufacturers who have been NAMM no-shows for a while...Ableton and Native Instruments come to mind. But the real attrition is at the Frankfurt Musikmesse. Gibson didn't go last year, and the list of no-shows included a lot of the companies that used to be mainstays.

I'm also talking to more companies who don't feel the need to time product releases with trade shows any more. The internet has changed everything.

• Members

Actually those stats were for 2016. The only stats I could find for 2017 was that over 100,000 people registered, so I suspect attendance was relatively flat compared to 2016.

There should be a nice boost this year from the hall expansion, and the exhibitors who no longer go to Frankfurt...and Winter NAMM remains a great tax-deductible trip for people fleeing the cold :) Still, trade shows have changed. If you look at show reports, a lot of times the products being "introduced" came out sometime in the previous year, and the caveat is that it's the "first time at NAMM."

• 3 months later...

Archived