OT: Hurricane Irene

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Um, not for nothin' but... my annual vacation starts tomorrow @ 5:00pm. Me and the family are driving down to Ft. Lauderdale to catch a flight at 9:00am on Friday to THE BAHAMAS - supposed to be spending a glorious week at the Resort at Atlantis. Hopefully (fingers crossed) the latest track takes it east of Nassau and right up the coast to the Carolina's thereby allowing us to skirt the storm on our way down - missing any major storm action on Rt. 95 - and enjoy our week in the Bahamas after the west side of the storm tweaked the nose of the island. I can only hope!!! Truthfully, not even worried about the activities here in CT over the weekend. I've got insurance and I'll deal with it when I get back!! :cool:

Stix

• Members

and I dropped a bottle of 18 year old Scotch. Will the tragedy never stop?

Speaking of which (scotch things): Our band's wardrobe department just issued me a kilt as mandatory stage attire for an up-coming event. The closest thing I have for proper shoes are some cork logging boots.

And... What's suppose to be under a kilt?

Also begs the question: My shirt wardrobe is comprised of 100% Hawaiian shirts. I suppose a shirt of some type is suppose to be worn with a kilt... and if so... would surfing buffalos or hula girls be more appropriate?

oh... the wardrobe challenges of stars... Thank goodness I don't have to worry about what amount of cleavage is appropriate for the event... I suppose butt-crack cleavage isn't an issue with kilts... I dunno... untrodden territory for me.

• Members

The heavy rains will probably put out the Great Dismal Swamp fire. Just hope we don't get as big a storm surge as we did during Ernesto. That surge took out my dock. My new 218' dock is only 3 years old!!!

Earthquakes, hurricanes..... where's the locust?

• Members

I was a nervous wreck about this storm when it first started aiming at Florida. In 2004 the commercial building that I own was TOTALLED by two hurricanes in one month (hurricanes Francis and Jeanne). This time I was only happy to see it's target moved from Florida. I hope it stays that way. There is a possibility that the storm might not hit the US at all. Here's the building in some pix: http://www.pbase.com/rking401/federal_plaza_rebuild&page=all The building was 100% full and has never been there again. Went from 100% to zero overnight. I currently have one renter occupying one unit of 12. It's a mess.

• Members

My shirt wardrobe is comprised of 100% Hawaiian shirts. I suppose a shirt of some type is suppose to be worn with a kilt... and if so... would surfing buffalos or hula girls be more appropriate?

Lol pictures posted to this site afterward would be awesome. Tell the photographer I said to mind his angle. I mean that in the way that sounds the least gay.

• Members

... which leads us back to the thread about the CV subs
:freak:

And there you go... wasn't even thinking about that.

When I was still in school. I toured with one of CV's demo earthquake systems for a few weeks. CV was very good to me at that time, the current company bears no relation to the original other than some legacy products. I also did warranty work for them, both speakers as well as power amps.

Archived