How many of you have more than one bass?

Phil O'Keefe

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When do you think we'll see that PJ Mustang review?

Soon. I've already wrapped it up and have sent it to Fender for the fact check. I'm not sure when it's going to be published, but I'd say probably within the next month or so.

What would you like to know - do you have any specific questions?

Re: Bronco Bass two-saddle bridge replacement... here's some stuff you guys may find useful:

https://www.talkbass.com/threads/squier-bronco-bridge-replacement.854324/

As far as a suitable bridge, this one...

http://www.stewmac.com/Hardware_and_Parts/All_Hardware_and_Parts_by_Instrument/Electric_Bass_Parts/Electric_Bass_Bridges/Gotoh_Standard_Bass_Bridge.html

.....should work. Just line up the two holes (2/4), drill three more pilot holes for the remaining screws and you should be good to go - everything will line right up and intonate properly.

I'm pretty sure the new bridge itself covers all the original holes. It certainly looks that way based on the two images in that thread.

• Members
I think I have 10, but I can only find 8 right now.

Pretty sure it's just 9. I can't remember #10

Vantage, 1st bass, sold to me as new from a local store. 10 years later I met the original owner who still had the consignment paperwork!

Ibanez proline 5050? Great bass, I traded a midnight blue 1970 Rick with a brass scratch plate and 1 or 200 bucks for it.

5-string USA jazz bass. I bought it waiting for my EB stingray I custom ordered to be made and delivered.

4-spring eb stingray with piezo pickup. Beautiful bass. I love the neck. I had also just gotten in my first country band, and found I needed a 5 string.

My second USA Jazz 5-string. I bought this one because I needed a 5-string for the band I was in, and the storage room we practiced in was unventilated, not air-conditioned, and well in excess of 100 degrees. I was sure I was going to warp a neck, and had a Moses graphite all picked out. I found this bass in beautiful shape, except a prior owner had sanded the finish off of the back of the neck. I got a great deal on it and decided to use it until the neck warped. (this has become my main bass, heck I only pick up the others to check a riff out when I am in the house) That bass is sitting in my jam-room in my garage. It sees temp swings from 15 degrees to 100 degrees. massive swings in humidity. I am still waiting for the neck to warp.

4 string Highway one P-bass. Bought it new dirt cheap (400 bucks I think) from GC. They had issues with it. I found the neck screws loose, and the last time I saw it, it was still a good bass. (I think its in my basement now)

Ibanez sr-800 or something. It is all kind of a mint-green metallic 4-string, typical Ibanez Japan quality and sound. It was probably 20 years old when I bought it, and looked like new. Still had the paper on the back.

Ibanez gs-200 or something (I think it had a tag that said "boom" or something like that on the tone-knob. I liked the color (orange), and wanted a cheap bass that I didn't care about. I take the neck off and stuff the parts in my Duffle bag when I go on my work "vacations" It has seen a few countries and the neck hasn't stripped out yet. Hopefully it will last for 6 more of my vacations. Then I think both of us will be done with those trips.

A USA standard Jazz 4. I really love 4-string basses. I like Jazz basses quite a lot. I didn't have a Jazz 4, so I ordered one. I love that bass and someday i hope to start using it.

Thats all I can think of. I am likely done buying basses, but if I see a Bongo 5 HH, or a Blue Rick(the only bass I remember selling!) I will probably pick them up.

• Moderators

Traded a Ric and a couple hundred for an Ibanez? Seems backward to me, but, then, I'm a Ric fan.

Ibanez gs-200 or something (I think it had a tag that said "boom" or something like that on the tone-knob. I liked the color (orange), and wanted a cheap bass that I didn't care about. I take the neck off and stuff the parts in my Duffle bag when I go on my work "vacations" It has seen a few countries and the neck hasn't stripped out yet.

I have a GSR 200, too, which I bought for the same reason. I was going on tour with a reggae band, sleeping on floors, jamming everything into the van, and I didn't want to risk my Ric on the flight or in the van. And it did take a tumble out of the van at least once, but it got the job done. I've also lent it out, again, not caring so much if something should happen to it.

• Members

This was back in 85 or so. The Ric wasn't really a big deal then, heck most of the 70's stuff wasn't a big deal. Pre CBS was something, but that seemed to be it. This was an 8-900 dollar Ibanez, It had a tone that I loved and a fantastic neck. I believe it is pretty rare. But the bad kind of rare! No-one knows anything about it. Its probably worth 1-200 bucks! Now that 70's Ric? god only knows. I have tried to track it down with no luck.

Clearly that trade in was a bad idea!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Currently, none. I had a Slammer Hamer, which I used for my early albums. Bought my ex an Austin to learn on, and I inherited it when we broke up. There was a really neat red $89 used Charvel, and I'm not sure how long I owned it or why I traded it. The best two I ever had were an Epi Goth Thunderbird and a MIA Peavey. Oh, and a beautiful white 5 string from the Rondo music page that was noisy as hell.

Archived