NUGD. Gibson LP Sig-T Gold Top

kherman

• Members

After decades of not owning a "Gibson" LP. I finally have one again.

Last one I owned was an 80's LP Studio back in the 80's.

9VgeB.jpg

I picked up this 2013 LP Signature T Gold Top locally off Craig's list. Seller was a really nice guy. Kept the guitar in really great shape. Very clean. Only some light pick scratches and a tiny, tiny scuff on the back upper edge which I should be able to buff out. Easily could pass for a floor model at a music store. I got it for $1200 used. I thought was a very decent deal. I just need to put some new strings on, polish her , oil the fretboard and set her up to my liking. :cool2:

Here's some pics.

c80s2el.jpg

J0YzLpb.jpg

With my other LP type guitars.

Cqg1GEG.jpg

Diodati 58, Diodati 59Q, Gibby LP Sig-T, Edwards Sykes, Fernandes Ravelle

With my Explorer Pro.

e4JQzbL.jpg

• Members

Wow, that's a seriously great looking Goldtop Kherman. Definitely looks like a good one - I feel like those metal tuners hold tune a little better than the traditional tulips for one thing. I've got Grovers on mine and it never goes out of tune unlike some friends with the Kluson copies (just my opinion though). Congrats and enjoy.

PS I'd be very interested to hear your personal opinion on how those LP copies stack up to the real deal.

• Members

Thanks, guys!

Once I get some real playing time with her, I'll try and get a comparison to the others.

As for the tuners. The regular Sig T came with locking tuners. Some also come with the auto tuner thing .

Lucky mine were the locking tuners.

• Members

Thanks, everyone.

Yeah, my Explorer Pro is one of my pride and joys. Never thought I'd own an explorer. But, on a whim one day i tried one out at Cream City music. I went " Damn this is coming home with me". They offered a boxed one from the back. I said "nope, this is the one".

ihxtr.jpg

• Members
The A barre again lol.gif

Kind of hard to tell but that looks like one solid hunk of mahogany on the back. Can you see any seams? Lovely gold top.

I did a thorough cleaning, string change, oiled board and a set up. Looking her over I see no seams on the back or looking at the bottom edge.

So, I'm pretty positive it's a 1 piece back.

Archived