So I got my first real review... (WARNING: shameless self-promotion)

• Members

You impressed him; you got more praise than anybody else in the production

Which, I'll add, is quite unjustified. Everybody else is really good and put in at least 10x as much time; the musical director is something of an honest-to-goodness genious.

-Dan.

• Members

You could have controlled the "boulders" with an iPad if you had a Presonus.

The boulders would have sounded better if the speakers were active.

If the cave was longer than than it was wide, a line array may have been a better choice than cave stacked.

and my personal favorite....Hope you didn't have the subs too loud, because everyone will leave and come to my cave if the boulders get loud.

Great review. It isn't often that a review gets that involved with sound, and that is often one of the key elements. You should be very proud. I take my hat off to you.

• Members

If the cave was longer than than it was wide, a line array may have been a better choice than cave stacked.

and my personal favorite
....Hope you didn't have the subs too loud, because everyone will leave and come to my cave if the boulders get loud.

Great review. It isn't often that a review gets that involved with sound, and that is often one of the key elements. You should be very proud. I take my hat off to you.

Damn, you beat me to it. Oh well, I'll add another: "Hey man. Can you turn up the rubble? I can't hear it over the boulders." :D

Seriously though. Nice job!

• Members

and my personal favorite
....Hope you didn't have the subs too loud, because everyone will leave and come to my cave if the boulders get loud.

I know you're kidding, but the speakers are active (10x Meyer UPA1p) and having the sub being stupid loud is part of why it's so much fun. Seriously, there's one long, drawn-out creaking/groaning cue that still makes me sick to my stomach every time I hear it. Ironically, it's the only one that doesn't result in someone getting trapped. It doesn't quite fit with the stage direction or the resolution, but I kinda like it anyways, because it's at the very end of the show, and the audience has already been subjected a couple small and two huge cave-ins, so this one just builds the tension and apprehension only to leave them hanging.

Nice.

Dinner? Did you have a smoke afterward???

I didn't realize this was the "alternative lifestyle" paper until after I'd made several comments of a similar nature. ;)

-Dan.

• Members

Finished with a rehearsal Wednesday, one show each on Thursday & Friday, two on Saturday and a wicked hangover on Sunday (yay cast party!). I thought I was going to have a chance to finally be bored this week, but I had a freelance project dropped in my lap due Friday and when I showed up to the day job on Monday, they asked me if I could work 12 hour days this week to hit a milestone on Friday (I told them I could do 10).

Maybe next week I can be bored.

-Dan.

Archived