Make it easier to learn really fast parts

RockPianoman

• Members
No YouTube channel, no websites.......sorry.....I had a website once, but I don't anymore.....I just use my phone number and e-mail on flyers I hang at shows and my business cards......

I have no site online of any type.....

Maybe post a couple of vids then?

• Members
I have no camera and I really don't care that much about it.....my room with my gear is a mess anyway

Such a shame. In you and wrkEGO we have 2 professionals and with 70+ years experience of songwriting, performing, recording, guitar building, maintenance and amplification. We don't get to see either of you play any of your combined 10,000 + song repertoire.

Neither of you have a web site or youtube channel.

In both your cases I can only put this down to your obvious modesty.

• Members

They do make software that will convert midi files to tabs. You can download thousands of free midi versions of songs. Not all are what you'd consider to be high quality of course, Some of the better ones are spot on. You just open the song in the program and it will create all your different parts as tab lines, bass, guitar, even drums. I think I paid $10 for a program called Guitar tabs long ago. I used it for awhile and got board with it. I could do the same with my own ears in most cases.

For some simple stuff you can convert wave files to midi then use the tool to tab it out for you. Most analog to midi programs don't work very well however. If its single notes it does pretty good but when you have full chords or multiple instruments it flakes out.

• Members
They do make software that will convert midi files to tabs. You can download thousands of free midi versions of songs. Not all are what you'd consider to be high quality of course, Some of the better ones are spot on. You just open the song in the program and it will create all your different parts as tab lines, bass, guitar, even drums. I think I paid $10 for a program called Guitar tabs long ago. I used it for awhile and got board with it. I could do the same with my own ears in most cases.

For some simple stuff you can convert wave files to midi then use the tool to tab it out for you. Most analog to midi programs don't work very well however. If its single notes it does pretty good but when you have full chords or multiple instruments it flakes out.

Ultimate Guitar has a similar program, I've only used the free version, pretty killer

Archived