Another stinkin' build thread?

Freeman Keller

• Members

I'm bored. The ES is hanging in a paint booth and will be for three or four more weeks or even longer. I did all the repair projects that were stacked up, cleaned off my work bench and decided to start a project that has been on the back burner for quite a while now. Are you guys tired of build threads and sick of me, or would you like to follow along as we make some sawdust? It will be an electric guitar so it is on topic and I promise, no skulls.

• Members

I have a Brazilian rosewood J-200 type guitar I'm building right now that I hope to be ready for Christimas as a present to a friend. It has an Engleman top. I never seem to take the time to take pics to set up a whole build thread, though. Maybe I'll take pics this weekend.

• Members

Flamed Spanish cedar, which is not really a cedar. We'll talk about it when the build thread gets going...

I found this on a website, true?

"Spanish Cedar – the wood traditionally used as neck material in valuable handmade classical guitars – the search was over. Spanish Cedar is a South American mahogany related wood species, that weighs the same as genuine honduran and is very mahogany-like in structure, colour and looks. The acoustic tone is rich, resonant, beautifully balanced – and it never ends.. yes, plenty of sustain! Cedar works perfectly as neck material as well for its extreme stability and excellent bend strength to weight ratio."

• Members

I found this on a website, true?

"Spanish Cedar – the wood traditionally used as neck material in valuable handmade classical guitars – the search was over. Spanish Cedar is a South American mahogany related wood species, that weighs the same as genuine honduran and is very mahogany-like in structure, colour and looks. The acoustic tone is rich, resonant, beautifully balanced – and it never ends.. yes, plenty of sustain! Cedar works perfectly as neck material as well for its extreme stability and excellent bend strength to weight ratio."

Go to the head of the class.

Lets just let this thread kind of peter out and we'll talk a lot more on the real one which I promise to start tomorrow.

And while there won't be any skulls, I do have a couple of tricks to spring on you guys....

Archived